diy solar

diy solar

JK 4S 200A BMS

@Nami wouldnt it be cool the make some settings on the power of the heating pads and let the bms decide if there comes enough power in via loading Amps to power the heatmate... may be 2 settings... so that if temperature lower than setting 2 (discharge limit temperature of the battery) is reached it will heat anyway even if there is no load coming right in.

cheers
Andy

@Will Prowse
haha
How can I contact you?
I have samples. I want you to test them.
Thank you
Regards
Hi Curious if they have do they have a 24 volt 200 amp that can handle a 6s configuration ? I have a Tesla battery so it would need to support 4.2 volt/cell.
best
Tom

Hi Curious if they have do they have a 24 volt 200 amp that can handle a 6s configuration ? I have a Tesla battery so it would need to support 4.2 volt/cell.
best
Tom
BMS calculates the voltage according to the voltage and processes the voltage of 10v-40v.
The single battery voltage supports 1-5V, so it can support 4S 5S 6S 7S 8s batteries.
Whether it's iron lithium or ternary battery
链接.jpg

Nami, please confirm: your diagram colors and wiring of the heating pad are showing P2 as a switched grounding connection (switch internal to the BMS). The heating pad is connected to "hot" P+ all the time. P2 is not a switched lead at "B+" voltage.

What is the purpose of port P6?

I would still like to be the tester and reviewer of your new BMS unit. I can create both written and video reviews.

Nami, please confirm: your diagram colors and wiring of the heating pad are showing P2 as a switched grounding connection (switch internal to the BMS). The heating pad is connected to "hot" P+ all the time. P2 is not a switched lead at "B+" voltage.

What is the purpose of port P6?

I would still like to be the tester and reviewer of your new BMS unit. I can create both written and video reviews.
IMG_7320.jpg
IMG_7321.jpg
P6 IS NTC interface

Hi @Nami

Do you plan to make a budget or light version of your coming new 4s-8s BMS?

Just one 4s 60A (or at most 80A) version to reduce cost, size, weight and pricing! Just a "plain" 4s BMS with active balancing, Bluetooth and display support.
Market would be for the many many smaller battery packs like in camping solar power generators/ boxes and for the many small solar power systems.
Your BMS would be a superior alternative to the current market leader JBD in the 4s below 100A smart BMS segment.

Last edited:
@Nami Feature request !!

It would be great if you could also integrate a real coulomb counter into your BMS line because the soc display is usually wrong after a very short time. No BMS of any brand so far has managed to calculate an fairly accurate soc over time.
As you have been the first (pioneer) to integrate an active balancer, be also the first to integrate a coulomb counter!
I wonder why nobody has done it so far...??

Cant you give us some more information?
Im about to build a new Battery within the next few weeks and would like to use the heating function from the beginning - but to do so i need more advices how to use it - may be there is a product recomendation to plug and play with this port?

When the battery is build and live it will be more paint ot add it later.
So can you please give us more information about the heating function? A step by step tutorial may be?

Thank you very much, have a nice week!

So glad to see that this is out. I have been looking forward to it with great interest and hope to see the review on Off Grid Garage before long. Thanks for the update.

Cant you give us some more information?
Im about to build a new Battery within the next few weeks and would like to use the heating function from the beginning - but to do so i need more advices how to use it - may be there is a product recomendation to plug and play with this port?

When the battery is build and live it will be more paint ot add it later.
So can you please give us more information about the heating function? A step by step tutorial may be?

Thank you very much, have a nice week!
Heat Function interface

(Only BMs equipped with heating function can use heating interface)
Description of heating function:
Battery temperature is below low temperature charge protection, turn off charging, turn on heating.
Battery temperature is higher than low temperature charge recovery temperature, turn on charging, turn off heating.
Cryogenic charge protection is a parameter that can be set within APP

The heating power depends on the battery voltage and the resistance value of the heating film.
Battery voltage U.
Heating resistance R.
Power equals U*U/R
Heating current I=U/R;
The maximum I (current) of the board design is 3A

MAX heating Power 200W (100W of B2A8S20P)
This condition must be met.

Hi @Nami

Do you plan to make a budget or light version of your coming new 4s-8s BMS?

Just one 4s 60A (or at most 80A) version to reduce cost, size, weight and pricing! Just a "plain" 4s BMS with active balancing, Bluetooth and display support.
Market would be for the many many smaller battery packs like in camping solar power generators/ boxes and for the many small solar power systems.
Your BMS would be a superior alternative to the current market leader JBD in the 4s below 100A smart BMS segment.
emm Currently there is only 200A version, the first batch supporting 4S will continue to launch B1A8S20P if the effect is good. Balanced current 1A, the price will be relatively low,

Heat Function interface

(Only BMs equipped with heating function can use heating interface)
Description of heating function:
Battery temperature is below low temperature charge protection, turn off charging, turn on heating.
Battery temperature is higher than low temperature charge recovery temperature, turn on charging, turn off heating.
Cryogenic charge protection is a parameter that can be set within APP

The heating power depends on the battery voltage and the resistance value of the heating film.
Battery voltage U.
Heating resistance R.
Power equals U*U/R
Heating current I=U/R;
The maximum I (current) of the board design is 3A

MAX heating Power 200W (100W of B2A8S20P)
This condition must be met.
Nami, with a 12V 4S battery, the maximum heating power which can be provided (by an optimal "heating pad") in your diagrams, from post #25, is 36 watts. The 22 watt heating pad which I have in hand is compatible, and I can test in the configuration which you have shown.

But a more powerful "12V" heater pad (or multiple small ones, as I have) can use slightly different wiring: Your circuit would drive the coil of a "Normally Open" relay, and a separate circuit through the power pins of the relay would drive the heater pads. Your circuit would only need to drive the Relay Coil, with hardly any power at all.

On the "power" leads of a single Relay, a mere "30A" Relay could support up to 360 Watts @ 12.0 Volts. (Common sense will limit total heater power directed towards the battery cells to a much smaller value.) Following Review Test of your BMS in your configuration, I would switch to my configuration, using the Relay to drive (3) parallel heater pads on separate battery packs.

The two other pads are already present on my previous battery packs, now being driven by an external temp controller. Your new BMS (on the new battery) could completely eliminate the current temp controller and related wiring.

Nami, with a 12V 4S battery, the maximum heating power which can be provided (by an optimal "heating pad") in your diagrams, from post #25, is 36 watts. The 22 watt heating pad which I have in hand is compatible, and I can test in the configuration which you have shown.

But a more powerful "12V" heater pad (or multiple small ones, as I have) can use slightly different wiring: Your circuit would drive the coil of a "Normally Open" relay, and a separate circuit through the power pins of the relay would drive the heater pads. Your circuit would only need to drive the Relay Coil, with hardly any power at all.

On the "power" leads of a single Relay, a mere "30A" Relay could support up to 360 Watts @ 12.0 Volts. (Common sense will limit total heater power directed towards the battery cells to a much smaller value.) Following Review Test of your BMS in your configuration, I would switch to my configuration, using the Relay to drive (3) parallel heater pads on separate battery packs.

The two other pads are already present on my previous battery packs, now being driven by an external temp controller. Your new BMS (on the new battery) could completely eliminate the current temp controller and related wiring.
Hi, please send me a message,
If you are in the European Union, I need you to pay $1 online and leave your address. I will send you samples using DDP
If you do not belong to the EU, leave your address and I will send you samples using DDP.
Thank you for your support

Hi, please send me a message,
If you are in the European Union, I need you to pay $1 online and leave your address. I will send you samples using DDP
If you do not belong to the EU, leave your address and I will send you samples using DDP.
Thank you for your support
Sent. I will be delighted to use and review this device!

Sent,

I’d love to compare this unit to my 200a JBD unit. The limited balancing current of the JBD can surely be improved upon.

Last edited:
Hi
I just ordered the bms.
But the seller advised me against the version with heating because it would be more fragile than the version without.
So I took the version b2a8s20p (instead of ba8s20p-h) 200A

Did they indicate why the heat function would make it more fragile? One possibility might be that pumping up to the 10A limit might cause internal thermal stress. I was planning to use the heat function for my boat land motorhome given that I am based on Washington state and have been known to travel in winter. That said, I would not hook the heating pads directly to the BMS. I would connect the BMS heat function to a SS relay that would turn the heating pads on and take the big currents.

Yes, this is certainly a better idea.
I think for the heating function I would do it completely apart from the bms with an independent electronic thermostat and heating pads.

Back