diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS potential Log Bug

burgerking

I received my 2 JK BMSes early May 2022.
And on 15 May, I tried powering up one of them, to test if they are working.
1658640143962.png
Manuf. Date is permanently etched with 2022-05-15 as shown above.
Highlighted in in Yellow is the run time of this BMS. It shows >18D17H.

Now let us take a look at the logs:
1658640026350.png
Line 20 shows the 1st time I powered up this BMS. It shows as 18 Days 17H ago.
Today is July 24th 2022, more than 60 days after it was first powered up.

My question: What if there is a Critical Error to occur now forcing JK to power off (< 2.5V).
And I only get to realize this error some 4-5 days later.
How will I know WHEN it actually occured?
Will JK continuously update its timer or will it stop and resume only when re-powered up?

Well the latter does not seem the case as this JK was first powered more than 60 days ago but earliest log entry is only less than 19 days ago..

That is NOT an error. When you open the APP that is the normal display, within the logs.
Every time I open the APP this is what appears but the batteries have not stopped charging or discharging - it's just the APP.
Nothing to be concerned about.
The wording could indeed be better.

OK.. I downloaded newest APP 4.8.0 (as of this writing).

1659236499331.png
Some visual changes:
Time Stamp is now replaced with a static "HOME".
The info shown in the Yellow Box were re-arranged (for the worse IMO). Temperature info, cycle info, Balancing info, Capacity info were all over the place!

Lastly Bug found.
This problem affects people with 2 (or more) JK BMSes; this will not affect user with just 1 JK BMS.

HOW:
1. Run the app as usual, 1st screen is the JK Selection Page. Therein you should see all your JK BMSes. Select one.
2. After selecting a JK BMS, view the data; scroll, swipe... etc.
3. Then go back to the JK selection Page (by pressing ≡ top left corner). (Without pressing the scan button) Select another JK BMS.
Nothing happens.
***Unlike in previous APP version, you now need to Scan every time you want to view another JK BMS.

Has anyone tried v4.8.4 , now out has this bug been sorted ,
I am currently running 4.8.4

The info shown in the Yellow Box were re-arranged (for the worse IMO). Temperature info, cycle info, Balancing info, Capacity info were all over the place!
This is now a thing.
I dont like how they arranged it this way. The grouping SUCK!

The older versions I never used longer than 5 minutes; this version, I have used the whole afternoon today.
The bug I mentioned previously: it happened once today. But most of the time it is OK.
Will keep using it until it screws up again.

There is one problem with 4.8.4 though.
History shows it is version 4.8.4, but the ABout page shows it is 4.8.2

Back