diy solar

diy solar

JUDAS PRIEST I'm I that dumb?

SplitmyPhase

I have a Sigineer M5000H-48BP. In the manual it states that this model inverter can be used as a split phase output L1+L2 =220 yet....I can't even explain what the manual states so hopefully I can just attach the file here and somebody can explain it to me. No I'm not blonde and I know that AC/DC is more than just a rock band, but this is wacked

Attachments

• Sigineer-Power-M3048BP-M5000H-48BP-Solar-Inverter-Manual-202112122.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 11
What you looking for or at in what page?

On this page, page number 1!!! (just kidding, all of them are labeled 1 LOL)
on pdf page 19, it says this but it doesn't actually say anything about any split phase connection of the inverter.
For the M5000H-48BP I don't think it can do split phase. It seems it's 2xx voltage only

And the other model maybe can do split if you have two of them 1 is each split of the phase?
but that isn't your model

1711608025106.png

I understand the programming of the inverter software, but on the Pdf page 35 under note it says that my model can use the Sigineer transformer to split the 240 into two 120's. Where is this transformer? If it isn't an internal component wouldn't it be an autotransformer? <--- which I cannot find either on the Sigineer website with no help from their automated support. I'm thinking I'm about to be taking a night class to understand all this

I have a smaller Sigineer inverter capable of 240V and the AC output is labeled Hot1, Hot2 and neutral.

Can you post a picture of your AC output connections ?

Mine, from the Sigineer website, looks like this :

Attachments

• C5FF7E64-6C2B-4009-B4D7-520EE1795E2F.jpeg
    C5FF7E64-6C2B-4009-B4D7-520EE1795E2F.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 3
I wired the AC input (which I won't be using since I'm aiming for off-grid) per the diagram H1 H2 G. The output voltage at the connections since I don't have anything wired to output side read
01+G=240 02+G=240
01+02=0. I thought I followed their wiring instructions.

Yea I see it
Plug your multimeter into the hot1 and to the ground
is it 120volts?

plug into hot2 and the ground
is it 120 volts?

plug into hot1 and then hot2
is it 240 volts?

I wired the AC input (which I won't be using since I'm aiming for off-grid) per the diagram H1 H2 G. The output voltage at the connections since I don't have anything wired to output side read
01+G=240 02+G=240
01+02=0. I thought I followed their wiring instructions.
So is that what you did above? and it's still 240volts?
Their instructions are worded like a child wrote them to be honest. It's not just you.

I understand the programming of the inverter software, but on the Pdf page 35 under note it says that my model can use the Sigineer transformer to split the 240 into two 120's. Where is this transformer? If it isn't an internal component wouldn't it be an autotransformer? <--- which I cannot find either on the Sigineer website with no help from their automated support. I'm thinking I'm about to be taking a night class to understand all this
I'm pretty sure they are saying you need to buy their transformer to split it.
this thing or something else not sure

Well that sucks hind teat. Anybody have one of those who wants to donate it to me. I have 9 months to figure this out since I got my phase split for real and yep there's one in the oven

Ok then... Thank you all for your input and knowledge. At least Im not as stupid as the person who wrote the manual. You would think Sigineer would have referenced their part # for the autotransformer needed to accomplish a 220v split phase output. I think am going to check out a different off grid invertor. Anyone need a Sigineer m5000H-48bp invertor? Cheap. Thank you again.

Back