diy solar

diy solar

Just purchased 8 280Ah

My 16 cells from Shenzhen Shouhuzhe took about two months.
The box with the busbars was smaller than the rest and had little padding.
One cell was dented near a lower corner; using a compression fixture isn't easily done.
I'll try to get some kind of reimbursement.

The cells are of poorer quality than those I have purchased from either Shenzhen Basen or Xuba.
The plastic sheeting was poorly applied, with bubbles and uneven edges.

A capacity test yielded 265a (10 AWG cables 16" long).
A second test yielded 279a (6 AWG cables 6" long).

I don't care so much about looks, mostly just an acceptable capacity test.
So, if I am reimbursed to some degree for the damaged cell, I will likely use this vendor again.
Cable size and length (resistance) should impact Watt-Hours but not Amp-Hours.

Unless you also used those same cables for charging and determined 100% SOC based on a voltage reading far from the cell terminals (and while charge current was still flowing).

If you measure cell voltage directly on the cell terminals and stop charging once the cell reaches 3.65V, you should read the same number of Ah from either of those two cables (again, assuming you stop discharge when the terminals themselves reach 2.5V and not when the end of the discharge cables reach 2.5V...).

The capacity tester cutoff was set to 2.5 volts. When it tripped, the cell measured higher. I assumed (incorrectly, I guess) that it was due to a voltage drop, which is why I ran the second test with different cables.

The capacity tester cutoff was set to 2.5 volts. When it tripped, the cell measured higher. I assumed (incorrectly, I guess) that it was due to a voltage drop, which is why I ran the second test with different cables.
Yeah, if you relied on the capacity tester to decide when the test is complete and run current at constant rate all the way to the end, you’ll measure less capacity with higher-resistance cables than lower-resistance cables (and both will be low).

If you connect a multimeter directly to the cell terminals to decide when to stop current flow, that will provide a more accurate result (with either cable).

Yes, I know that. I'm likely not using the jargon to which you are accustomed. :)

Yes, I know that. I'm likely not using the jargon to which you are accustomed. :)
No problem. If your capacity tester measured 279Ah with 6AWG cables, sounds like you got a good cell...

My 16 cells from Shenzhen Shouhuzhe took about two months.
The box with the busbars was smaller than the rest and had little padding.
One cell was dented near a lower corner; using a compression fixture isn't easily done.
I'll try to get some kind of reimbursement.

The cells are of poorer quality than those I have purchased from either Shenzhen Basen or Xuba.
The plastic sheeting was poorly applied, with bubbles and uneven edges.

A capacity test yielded 265Ah (10 AWG cables 16" long).
A second test yielded 279Ah (6 AWG cables 6" long).
(Edit: The capacity tester cutoff was set to 2.5 volts)

I don't care so much about looks, mostly just an acceptable capacity test.
So, if I am reimbursed to some degree for the damaged cell, I will likely use this vendor again.
Is it only the plastic sheeting that makes them of poorer quality?
are they eve 280ah or lishen 272ah cells?
Can you keep us posted on how you get on trying to get refunded for the damaged cell?
ive ordered from the same company but haven’t received my cells yet.

They are the Lishen cells, and had one other minor issue.
One of the tapped holes was not chamfered properly, leaving a small burr of metal on top, but since this is easy to deal with I thought it not worth mentioning at the time.

Of the orders which I've received from four different suppliers, the cells from Xuba were the nicest in appearance, having flatter sides than the rest.
Some of the Basen cells show a slight bulge, but still within the 73mm max specified by the manufacturer.
Once compressed and cycled a few times, I suspect that the bulging will be lessened.

There is another negative issue with the cells from Shenzhen Shouhuzhe.

Some cells have stud holes drilled at a slight angle.
I will use these on a smaller 50-70 amp system, so I don't expect a problem.
I'll use cells from other suppliers for our main house system.

At this point it seems unlikely that I'll purchase from this supplier again.
Hopefully they'll be able to get their act together in the future.

There is another negative issue with the cells from Shenzhen Shouhuzhe.

Some cells have stud holes drilled at a slight angle.
I will use these on a smaller 50-70 amp system, so I don't expect a problem.
I'll use cells from other suppliers for our main house system.

At this point it seems unlikely that I'll purchase from this supplier again.
Hopefully they'll be able to get their act together in the future.
The distributor wouldn't have been the one to make the stud holes at an angle. That would be the manufacturer so be sure the blame goes where it belongs. That isn't to say a distributor isn't getting blems or seconds or grade B batteries, but if so, should have been sold as such. I haven't put the studs in my Lishens yet to know their condition but was disturbed by the large dimples in the outer wrap.

@Stepandwolf, I have seen others post that the manufacturers do not drill the holes, but rather it is done by after-market suppliers; where did you get your information?

And if it were the manufacturer, then I would expect that the Lishen cells which I've received from other suppliers would be drilled in a similar fashion, but instead they appear to be perfect.

Last edited:
The distributor wouldn't have been the one to make the stud holes at an angle. That would be the manufacturer so be sure the blame goes where it belongs. That isn't to say a distributor isn't getting blems or seconds or grade B batteries, but if so, should have been sold as such. I haven't put the studs in my Lishens yet to know their condition but was disturbed by the large dimples in the outer wrap.
the reseller/distributor of my second batch of 32 Lishen 272 Ah cells said they hire the tapping of the cells. they arrive from Lishen (the manufacturer) without the holes drilled and tapped.
all cells were sold as new and there were absolutely no blems. no problems with shrink wrap either.
Shenzhen Sanben Chupin E-Business Co., LTD
Ryan was the name I communicated to multiple times and had boat tracking etc. wrote good English in all email correspondence. Cells packed very well with reinforced corners on all 8 boxes and arrived with 4 busbars and bolts and washers in each box of 4 cells. I told them the studs would be preferred. you would want twice as many busbars for the parallel balancing.
i replaced the bolts with studs.
they sent FedEx labels right away, graphs, boat tracking also when asked etc. ask and you shall receive.at $90.73 per cell delivered to my door in South Dakota USA
I paid with my capitalone credit card.
search for.>>> lishen 3.2v 272ah lifepo4 prismatic power cells at alibaba.com and you will find them.

Last edited:
An assumption....I don't know why a mfg would do that. Typically when you buy a product and there is a fault, you blame the mfg as I would. That is why I am surprised they would pass off that step. Seems odd to do everything else and then skip that step.

@Stepandwolf, I have seen others post that the manufacturers do not drill the holes, but rather it is done by after-market suppliers; where did you get your information?

And if it were the manufacturer, then I would expect that the Lishen cells which I've received from other suppliers would be drilled in a similar fashion, but instead they appear to be perfect.

An assumption....I don't know why a mfg would do that. Typically when you buy a product and there is a fault, you blame the mfg as I would. That is why I am surprised they would pass off that step. Seems odd to do everything else and then skip that step.
I think it’s likely. EVE apparently sells cells with solid aluminum terminals which are welded onto by EV manufacturers.

Whether the tapping for M6 threads is done by middlemen or contracted out by the resellers like Basen, Xuba, etc...), that step is unlikely to be anything EVE has anything to do with (as supported by their datasheets...).

Last edited:
Definitely agree that the reseller isn’t responsible for the tapping but they are accountable. The consumer should not be on the hook to validate all third parties that a reseller partners with. If there’s a problem with my airbags I go to my Ford dealership, not to Delphi.

Definitely agree that the reseller isn’t responsible for the tapping but they are accountable. The consumer should not be on the hook to validate all third parties that a reseller partners with. If there’s a problem with my airbags I go to my Ford dealership, not to Delphi.
unless you are buying directly from the manufacturer either EVE or Lishen... you have a fat chance in XXXX of claiming anything against them. you are buying from a reseller out of china. your only chance is to get the reseller to make it right. what ya going to do ??? Take them to court.
fat chance of getting anywhere with that.
maybe you can/should ask your seller what they will do before you order?
some times you get a dud, sometimes you get a diamond. doubt you get a diamond at the dud price though.
if you notice the cells bought directly from the manufacture are about twice the price. ?
remember who you are dealing with. your laws are not their laws.
who are you going to call?

just my opinion. maybe you will have an excellent seller/vendor.
I had excellent products delivered from 2 different vendors/resellers at a bargain price without any issues.
272Ah Lishen 32 cells order each time.
cheers, all.?

I do want to add that if you buy them through Alibaba.com with a credit card, you can get Alibaba to help with trade assurance and also your credit card company may also help. always pay by credit card or a way you can get it covered.

Last edited:
First post here for me. Long time lurker.
I’m Jon from the southwest UK.
I have also 3 weeks ago ordered 32pcs of the 272ah Lishen Prismatics from Alex at Basen to build a power wall for my ESS at my home.
Hopefully they turn out good cells.
Due to arrive end November/Early December. Sea shipping to the UK wasn’t an option so they are coming by Rail on the China to Poland freight service then UPS onwards to me.

i don’t have the invoice to hand but it was $3200 all in DDP. So $100 a cell. Very reasonable I thought. Be glad to get rid of my 40kwh forklift pack. Slow and so inefficient.
Have you received your cells. I ordered 4 x 280 ah from Alex at Basen on 10th November and I'm still waiting. 16 weeks now.

@Steveb: Do you know if they were on the ONE Apus? Maybe ask Alex about reshipping; several of our members had battery shipments on that ship.

@Steveb: Do you know if they were on the ONE Apus? Maybe ask Alex about reshipping; several of our members had battery shipments on that ship.
Alex now says they can re send using new shipping channels and should take 2 - 4 weeks. I'm in the UK so they've blamed brexit as well as holidays over Christmas and New year. They showed tracking from DPD which showed they were in Germany on the 24th December and nothing since that date.

Alex now says they can re send using new shipping channels and should take 2 - 4 weeks. I'm in the UK so they've blamed brexit as well as holidays over Christmas and New year. They showed tracking from DPD which showed they were in Germany on the 24th December and nothing since that date.
I ordered from Basen on 16th of December and my delivery has not arrived either. I am dealing with Aimee Lee and it seems to be excuse after excuse. I was also given a DPD tracking number that had my address originally but never showed as collected, that number no longer exists. I have contacted DPD and they are investigating for me.

Basen have extended the delivery time with Alibaba and that runs out on Sunday they will then be automatically marked as delivered. So before that happens I will be requesting a refund through Alibaba’s trade assurance.

Has anyone else had any issues with Basen?

I ordered from Basen on 16th of December and my delivery has not arrived either. I am dealing with Aimee Lee and it seems to be excuse after excuse. I was also given a DPD tracking number that had my address originally but never showed as collected, that number no longer exists. I have contacted DPD and they are investigating for me.

Basen have extended the delivery time with Alibaba and that runs out on Sunday they will then be automatically marked as delivered. So before that happens I will be requesting a refund through Alibaba’s trade assurance.

Has anyone else had any issues with Basen?
I went through Michael and am glad I did. Just about 2 months from ordering until delivery and they came from Basen.

Back