diy solar

diy solar

Just purchased my first solar generator...Delta Pro

jvolpe

I want to use it as a whole house backup but also just a few appliances if the shizzie hits the fizzie....frig, freezer, computers, etc.

Haven't purchased the panels yet. Is there a thread that discusses best panels to order for the Delta Pro and where?

I want to use it as a whole house backup but also just a few appliances if the shizzie hits the fizzie....frig, freezer, computers, etc.

Whole house? Is it safe to assume you have a tiny shed with miniature appliances? If not, you likely need to lower your expectations. That unit can power 1.5-2.0 typical residential fridges with little else to give. You'll need 800W+ of PV and great sun to make that happen.

Haven't purchased the panels yet. Is there a thread that discusses best panels to order for the Delta Pro and where?

Any panels that comply with the input parameters of the MPPT.

No tiny house. Of course I will build on the original Delta Pro 3600w system with a 2nd unit. Just beginning so need a couple of 400w panels.

Danke, what do you mean an 'ad'?

No tiny house. Of course I will build on the original Delta Pro 3600w system with a 2nd unit. Just beginning so need a couple of 400w panels.

Danke, what do you mean an 'ad'?
I’m in a similar situation.
Each EDP will take 1600 watts, so you could go with 4x400 as long as you don’t wire it with more than 150 VDC, per Ecoflow.
So if you had two EDP units, you would want 1600 W to each unit, totaling 3200 W.

Last edited:
Got my EcoFlow Delta pro last week and having 1800 W of solar panels delivered today. Seven of these 180 W panels should bring me up around 150 V. Hoping to use it with a smart panel and power everything at night at first until I get a second delta pro with possibly smart batteries attached to each pro.

You are beginning a journey....most people realize rather quickly that solar generators are toys and what they should be investing in a proper inverter, battery, and pv system. In the long run it's cheaper. Solar generators are great for learning, and getting comfortable with solar, however. They have a place, but probably not whole house backup

Back