diy solar

diy solar

Label Maker

It arrived and it's pretty impressive with a ton of engineering in it. Labels are reasonable strong and the lettering doesn't rub off.

Pretty easy to see the price of the device is artificially low; I'm certain it's like ink-jets where they make the money in the label ribbons. It didn't come with an AC adapter, but really it's more useful as a portable device . Takes 6 AAA batteries (not included), might get rechargeable ones for it when the ones I put in die.

The ribbon adhered well, and the peel label on the back was split horizontally which both made it easy to peel and convenient to align the label before adhering. Haven't tried it on a lot of surfaces but seems okay handheld label maker. I'll post again if they start falling off after a year.
So my inlaws are started a new business, nothing big, some homemade Indian snack packets and sauces. They are going to a local shop to get their labels printed. I wanted to buy one for them. You know something they can use and I can use too to label stuff around and my kids books. What's the best option for me? I have a brother ink tank printer, can I use the same one to print labels using a different type of paper? how does that work ? or should I just buy a separate label maker?

So my inlaws are started a new business, nothing big, ...
It depends on the business needs. If they're going to use it a lot and the labels have to be smudge-proof I'd say something with economical labels.
Label makers are manual and more for one-offs I think. It takes a while to manually push all the label-maker buttons. Something that had memory to store them all might be useful.

Alternatively, for a business, a Laserjet with label-paper might be more suitable for bulk/business needs as you could put any image on them and print in multiple colors. Anything ink-jet is going to smudge. But I've heard some Laserjet labels (polyester?) might be smudge-proof.

Back