diy solar

diy solar

Lf280k bolts

tonyg

Hi,

I've got a new series of lf280k, planning to add a second bank to my battery, however, these came with different terminals. The bolts are like in the pictures...
Any reasons why I can't get proper bolts (with the head) to tighten the busbars in properly?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20230519_124144.jpg
    20230519_124144.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230519_180021.jpg
    20230519_180021.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 12
Any reasons why I can't get proper bolts (with the head) to tighten the busbars in properly?
I am only guessing, but I had the ealier terminals and I preferred studs to bolts because I could bottom out the studs for more holding power without worrying about punching through the terminal bottom. Now many of them come with studs.

Definitely prefer the allthread studs and open bottom terminals.
You'll know that you have enough threads in.
And the clamping force is not affected by thread taper or bottoming out.

Not sure if it is what you're looking for, but I needed a couple extra bolts for my EVE LF280K cells with the new terminals and ordered: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L364MYC/ They seem to be an exact match for the bolts that came with the cells when I ordered via Amy Wan on Alibaba.

1684519462155.png

One of these two is from the Amazon listing - I can't tell which...

Thank you everyone for their replies.
It looks like I can use either bolts or studs, for bolts I'll have to be careful not to pierce the cells.
Does anyone know the recommended torque to tighten these please?

Thanks!

I'm not even 40 years old... :giggle:... so I'll need numbers.
Yes, I've heard 4NM for the older model with welded studs, but haven't seen info on these types I have now.

4NM is more than enough for the connection. The only concern would be if the threads can handle it. And those definitely can. I have the same cells.

Back