diy solar

diy solar

Ordering LF280K directly from EVE

janan

Hi fellow DIYers

My first post on the forum.

I have just requested for some information regarding the LF280K batteries from EVE directly. The sales representative, Oliver, returned the request with a quotation and claimed that the quotation is for Grade A cells. Is there a thread on the forum which has specified a referenced cost of an individual Grade A cell? Busbars are made of aluminium and include M6 bolts? Any issues if the mentioned hardware is used?

I am a complete newbie venturing into the wonderful world of LiFePo4 batteries. The batteries are meant to be used for solar energy storage. Are there any recommended or precautionary steps / checklist that I should pay attention to?

A lot of fellow DIYers have raised concerned regarding the packaging, is there anything that I can do on my own to ensure the safe arrival of the consignment? Does anyone has the experience of buying the BMS directly from Daly? Though I am based in Hong Kong but sometime it's really hard to find DIY batteries or solar related hardware at a retail level. A quick Google search leads to either Europeans or Americans online sellers. If anyone's the experience of buying from Hong Kong, please do share the information.

Please accept my apologies if my post sounds too naive!

Does anyone has the experience of buying the BMS directly from Daly?
I have no experience buying directly from EVE.

Bought from Docan and QSO directly.

There are multiple threads on buying batteries but not from EVE directly.

If Daly is the only BMS you can get then Ok but I have used them and initially they worked fine but developed some problems with use.

Switched to JBD and not had any problems since.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:
Hi fellow DIYers

I have just requested for some information regarding the LF280K batteries from EVE directly. The sales representative, Oliver, returned the request with a quotation and claimed that the quotation is for Grade A cells. Is there a thread on the forum which has specified a referenced cost of an individual Grade A cell? Busbars are made of aluminium and include M6 bolts? Any issues if the mentioned hardware is used?

I am a complete newbie venturing into the wonderful world of LiFePo4 batteries. The batteries are meant to be used for solar energy storage. Are there any recommended or precautionary steps / checklist that I should pay attention to?

A lot of fellow DIYers have raised concerned regarding the packaging, is there anything that I can do on my own to ensure the safe arrival of the consignment? Does anyone has the experience of buying the BMS directly from Daly? Though I am based in Hong Kong but sometime it's really hard to find DIY batteries or solar related hardware at a retail level. A quick Google search leads to either Europeans or Americans online sellers. If anyone's the experience of buying from Hong Kong, please do share the information.

I have not yet purchased directly from EVE's new Alibaba store however I have done direct business with EVE in the past. I can't tell you exactly what they even sell on the Alibaba store. Something tells me it's not EV graded cells, but who knows. The going rate for China mystery grade cells seems to be about 90-110$ EXW (basically with no shipping handled). The only place that I know has real EV graded cells is Luyuan where they are about $150 EXW.

On EVE's shipping boxes at least the ones we've delt with, they work well for pallet scale delivery but at small quantities they can get pretty destroyed. EVE packs 6 cells in a box with about 1cm of foam surrounding each side of the cells. All of this was before they even welded terminals on. Those cells would not fit in the original shipping boxes. I don't think there is much you can do on how they box them. You could ask to see the packaging before shipping. You'll have it a bit better than most however as the batteries just aren't going as far.

Aluminum is not the best material but it should work fine for the batteries just use more than the copper equivalent . The best busbars tend to be nickel plated copper. Sadly can't comment on the Daly BMS's haven't used them. Hope this answers some of your questions at least

Last edited:
On EVE's shipping boxes
Factory EVE Shipping box, not the original cells in it, still EVE cells though. There is another sheet like the one shown on the top under all the cells. You very well may get a different boxing solution however. There is no way the new EVE terminals would have fit in this box.
IMG_20230505_083359_HDR.jpgIMG_20230505_083426_HDR.jpg InkedIMG_20230505_083319_HDR.jpg

If Daly is the only BMS you can get then Ok but I have used them and initially they worked fine but developed some problems with use.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Thanks for the valuable information and your candid insight. Appreciate!

I have not yet purchased directly from EVE's new Alibaba store however I have done direct business with EVE in the past. I can't tell you exactly what they even sell on the Alibaba store. Something tells me it's not EV graded cells, but who knows. The going rate for China mystery grade cells seems to be about 90-110$ EXW (basically with no shipping handled). The only place that I know has real EV graded cells is Luyuan where they are about $150 EXW.

On EVE's shipping boxes at least the ones we've delt with, they work well for pallet scale delivery but at small quantities they can get pretty destroyed. EVE packs 6 cells in a box with about 1cm of foam surrounding each side of the cells. All of this was before they even welded terminals on. Those cells would not fit in the original shipping boxes. I don't think there is much you can do on how they box them. You could ask to see the packaging before shipping. You'll have it a bit better than most however as the batteries just aren't going as far.

Aluminum is not the best material but it should work fine for the batteries just use more than the copper equivalent . The best busbars tend to be nickel plated copper. Sadly can't comment on the Daly BMS's haven't used them. Hope this answers some of your questions at least
Noted with thanks.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Any link to buy JBD BSM? I am not familiar with this brand. I have order 16 cells so should I go for any specific JBD product to match the EVE cells for its efficiency and compatibility.

I tried in the beginning but all they wanted at the time was for me to buy full or 1/2 container.

Hi fellow DIYers

Everyone I talked with has a had a bad experience with anyone "Supposedly Direct From EVE"... I think these guys all have there own independent operations and are just buy from EVE. E.g. when you get an invoice from Oliver it was not direct form EVE it was from his own little company, it did not make any sense.

All in all it was cheaper to buy from Amy Wan Luyuan than to deal with him, he also didn't want to do anything but a large 500 cell order...

I'm sure you can deal direclty with EVE but you should reach out to them from there main website and not the little Alibaba sales people.

Back