diy solar

diy solar

LiFePO4 “generator”

Daybyday

I ran across this on Amazon. SUAOKI UPS Power Station, G1000 Portable Power Supply 1183Wh Silent Gas Free Generator LiFePO4 Battery Pack with 1000W (2000W Surge) AC Inverter, 60W Power Delivery USB C for Camping CPAP Power Outage https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081QCFWHS/. Has a regulated 12 volt output, and a reviewer says it charges at about 200 watts in 8 hours. I like the UPS feature, could use it for my baseboard heat circulation pump. Anyone have experience with it, or other similar units using LiFePO4? Thanks.

On the surface it looks interesting. I'd prefer to see more input power capability. 200W for AC, and only 150W max for solar input (at least it's an MPPT SCC). I'm not familiar with SUAOKI products but there are a couple of threads where members share their opinions (see below).

I went looking for something like this a while back for a portable solution during power outages to run my heat circulator pumps and fridge. For roughly the same money I converted a Goal Zero Yeti 1250 to LiFePO4 (see link in my signature). One advantage to the Suaoki is that you get a 360 day free return (not a typo, it's really 5 days short of a year according to Suaoki's website). A disadvantage is that I don't see any way to chain additional battery capacity to increase your run time. That may not matter to you for your use cases.

Suaoki G500 threads:

Bob, thanks for your helpful response. I agree with your thoughts on input power capability, although for my use case charging at 200 watts SC would be fine.

I saw your post about the Yeti conversion and was intrigued.

Thanks for the the Suaoki info. That return policy is shockingly good!

On the surface it looks interesting. I'd prefer to see more input power capability. 200W for AC, and only 150W max for solar input (at least it's an MPPT SCC). I'm not familiar with SUAOKI products but there are a couple of threads where members share their opinions (see below).

I went looking for something like this a while back for a portable solution during power outages to run my heat circulator pumps and fridge. For roughly the same money I converted a Goal Zero Yeti 1250 to LiFePO4 (see link in my signature). One advantage to the Suaoki is that you get a 360 day free return (not a typo, it's really 5 days short of a year according to Suaoki's website). A disadvantage is that I don't see any way to chain additional battery capacity to increase your run time. That may not matter to you for your use cases.

Suaoki G500 threads:

If you decide to go with the Suaoki please share your experience over time. It would be nice to build up a set of real world experience with LiFePO4 generators. So many Li-ion out there but LiFePO4 is sparse.

Absolutely.

If you decide to go with the Suaoki please share your experience over time. It would be nice to build up a set of real world experience with LiFePO4 generators. So many Li-ion out there but LiFePO4 is sparse.

Ive never seen one of them things worth buying. Calling them a "generator" alone is annoying.

Because it doesnt generate anything. Its a battery.
I can't believe there's people like you on this forum. If you really think this is only a battery and that a generator actually generates electricity, then you're just announcing your lack of knowledge to everyone.

Because it doesnt generate anything. Its a battery.
What do you think the “solar” part of the term means?

the battery in a solar generator is no different from the fuel tank in a traditional generator... and the inverter generators by Honda, etc...

hopefully, being a member of his wonderful forum, you will gain some knowledge... if your mind isn’t too closed.

Nobody calls a car battery a car... a car CONTAINS a starting battery...

A solar generator CONTAINS a battery... AND a device to convert the battery’s stored energy into voltage that can power devices...

A gasoline generator CONTAINS a fuel tank and a device to convert the fuel into voltage that can power devices...

What is the difference?

I don’t see anyone complaining that a traditional generator is just a gas tank...

Have you looked at the Audew 500wh unit? I'm curious about it myself as it lists a higher max amp rating for solar charging:

• Output: - AC: 110V,max 250W, *2
  • - DC:12V/10A, * 1
  • - Car:12V/10A, * 1
  • - USB: 5V/2A ,*4
  • Input: - AC: 110-240V
  • - Car: 12-24V
  • - Solar: 10A(Max)/14-40V
  • -Wall outlet:110V-120V

Have you looked at the Audew 500wh unit? I'm curious about it myself as it lists a higher max amp rating for solar charging:

• Output: - AC: 110V,max 250W, *2
  • - DC:12V/10A, * 1
  • - Car:12V/10A, * 1
  • - USB: 5V/2A ,*4
  • Input: - AC: 110-240V
  • - Car: 12-24V
  • - Solar: 10A(Max)/14-40V
  • -Wall outlet:110V-120V

I looked at the Audew unit. Bad thing is there is no pass through charging. Can't be charging up the unit and run devices off it at the same time.

I ran across this on Amazon. SUAOKI UPS Power Station, G1000 Portable Power Supply 1183Wh Silent Gas Free Generator LiFePO4 Battery Pack with 1000W (2000W Surge) AC Inverter, 60W Power Delivery USB C for Camping CPAP Power Outage https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081QCFWHS/. Has a regulated 12 volt output, and a reviewer says it charges at about 200 watts in 8 hours. I like the UPS feature, could use it for my baseboard heat circulation pump. Anyone have experience with it, or other similar units using LiFePO4? Thanks.
Hello DayByDay,

I just joined the Kickstarter for the R600 Pro. It is expandable and has a 768wh LifePO4 battery.

I don't like the term either, but it could be argued that gas generators don't generate either. They convert chemical energy to electric energy.
And... exactly how is that different from a gasoline generator? Yup... I think the big argument is the term “generator” is for the mechanical device that turns mechanical energy into electrical energy... and soooo many people get high cackles about stupid things...
In fact... gasoline generators don’t use a generator in their process... they use an alternator. Many, in fact then channel that output into an inverter to get CLEAN smooth sine wave stable power... but nobody complains that isn’t a generator...

yeesh!

Last edited:
I don't see what is the issue with calling it a generator. Still converting one source to another. Gas generator takes a source (gas) and converts it to electric. "Solar Generator" absorbs light from the sun and converts to electric. Gas generator.....Solar generator..... Same thing. Or is a better term going to be "Power station" but that phrase can be applied to gas generators too....

Back