diy solar

diy solar

Lithium

RobbieD

Hi all.
love this site and the reading and learning that comes with it. Here in Australia there is a fair bit of who haa about the true longevity of lithium batteries and huge debate on weather the lithium batteries are suitable for under bonnet applications. Many people saying no, yet a couple of manufacturers here are offering 3 year warranty in that application. Anyone know of any off roading under bonnet tests or there own experiences on this?

@JeepHammer where are you...

So.W. Indiana, USA.
I guess I sould fill out some of the profile now I know this forum isn't full of anti-social types...

Hi all.
love this site and the reading and learning that comes with it. Here in Australia there is a fair bit of who haa about the true longevity of lithium batteries and huge debate on weather the lithium batteries are suitable for under bonnet applications. Many people saying no, yet a couple of manufacturers here are offering 3 year warranty in that application. Anyone know of any off roading under bonnet tests or there own experiences on this?

With 5 year warranty for $100 on your average lead/acid battery,
And seeing how forgiving lead/acid is, I'm sticking with lead/acid even with the corrosion problems they come with.

Just my opinion, take it for what you paid for it...

What about temps? Do the vehicle versions have a BMS? Seems like it could get way too hot or cold under the bonnet.

Back