diy solar

diy solar

Local electrical help needed in brookings OR

Worse than this, you could set up the subforums per state - CA TX AL these are very large places, someone from one end is far from someone at the other.
But you could be near a bordering state, and someone in the neighbouring state is actually a lot closer to you than a person at the other end of the same state, but the subformum is not going to link you up together, because your in different states. Even Country is not the best, I live a lot closer to MN than to Toronto, even thou Toronto is in my Province, its a 900 mile trip.
I think the best is to say a general location in the Topic Title and let members figure out if they can help or know someone who can.
So, I'm a member of a pinball / arcade game site, called Pinside. Similar to this, people from all over make posts, sell items, etc. Each person, is a 'pin' on a map. You can drill down to see your location and who else is next to you, click on them, see if they have anything for sale, or what have you. You can search for specific pinball machines within your area, etc. (If anyone has a Nascar pinball or Spy Hunter arcade, I'm looking. haha) So it could be something as simple as a map like this. If you don't want to associate with people within your locality, don't pin yourself. But if people are okay with checking out each other's builds, getting help, even selling used equipment, this would be extremely beneficial in my opinion. I would love to check out other people's stuff. I'm a female, and I have a very hard time retaining electrical information. Not that all female's have this problem, but lets be real. How many women electrician's have you seen? It's like we repel the information. That portion of our brains is filled up with recipes I guess. :ROFLMAO: Seeing something in person and speaking with people is beneficial for my pea-brain. I'll bring cookies, or pasta! Whatta ya want? Solar catering, coming to a town near you. 😅
But for real - check out the map. @Will Prowse Pinside.jpg

I thought that finding tradesmen near you was the whole point of Angi's List. I understand that unlike Craig, Angi decided to try to make a bunch of money from her list, so it is basically a new yellow pages. I have never tried it.

I thought that finding tradesmen near you was the whole point of Angi's List. I understand that unlike Craig, Angi decided to try to make a bunch of money from her list, so it is basically a new yellow pages. I have never tried it.
Angi's list never really took off in my area.

but lets be real. How many women electrician's have you seen?
There are female EE and Electricians on this forum.
I've worked in Construction my whole career, women are more commonly electricians and heavy equipment operators than labourers or plumbers from my own experience. My daughter was interested in welding, and learned how to do a lot of her own maintenace on her car; but ended up in health-care - less travel required. My sister is a Mechanical Engineer, works for Department of National Defense.

There are female EE and Electricians on this forum.
I've worked in Construction my whole career, women are more commonly electricians and heavy equipment operators than labourers or plumbers from my own experience. My daughter was interested in welding, and learned how to do a lot of her own maintenace on her car; but ended up in health-care - less travel required. My sister is a Mechanical Engineer, works for Department of National Defense.
Let me just curb this before I start getting inundated with 'women power' posts.

For the first half of my adult life, I worked for the power company. Hundreds of journeyman linemen, metermen, estimators, laborers, etc. Of all of the offices I worked in, there was only ONE female estimator. Again, out of hundreds. I worked with every electrician and contractor in the valley, because I handled all the contracts and easements for subdivision backbones, temporary power, commercial installations, down to mom and pop's single family residences.

Now for the 2nd part of my adult life, I work in I.T. as a systems analyst for a government entity that I don't feel the need to share in here. I am the only female on my team, for 10 years now.

My husband, is a builder. He's worked with every professional in all of the surrounding valleys, not limited to electricians, plumbers, engineers, etc. etc. Not one woman, ever.

I ride a Harley, Dyna, not a sportster, run a 73hp tractor with all implements, as well as my excavator, and drive a Duramax, when I'm not logged into servers across the US for my day job. I can back a trailer up to a dime, change my own oil, brakes, and have been known to weld a decent bead or two as well. Now all of that being said......

I'm not saying there are not any female electricians. I'm not saying that women are not intelligent enough to be electricians. I'm simply saying, in all of the 500+ electricians and lineman I've interacted with professionally in my career, I've never encountered one. That's all I'm saying. My hat is off to any woman that does it.

Craigslist make money, and has an especially impressive revenue per employee.
I think the hit half a billion with half a dozen, but had to ad headcount when they agreed to screen postings under dating (maybe today that could be accomplished by AI?) Since they discontinued that section, headcount should be low again.

Both have significant revenue. I was hoping to show Angie's was far lower, but instead is about 2x Craigslist.

This article from 2017 says "makes" $1B with 50

Back