diy solar

diy solar

Looking for a BMS with a coulomb counter [and display maybe?]

• Thread starter Deleted member 9967
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9967

Ok so I want to get a good BMS but for a fuel gauge for the battery I also want to get one with a good coulomb counter on it.
It can come with its own screen or I suppose bluetooth so I can use a phone if I have to.
Also if it has a computer module I would love that as well.
I prefer one of 100 amps continuous or higher.

Thanks guys :)

I would suggest the Chargery. It has a display, counts AH and WH (Even has a "gas gauge") can be set up from 100 amps to 600. Has an output. That said all functions can be done with the display. Have a look

Some leads:

Chargery
SBMS0
TinyBMS
123 Smart BMS

First two have a screen, all are capable of some form of monitoring (Display, BT, Wifi, or wired connection).

I would suggest the Chargery. It has a display, counts AH and WH (Even has a "gas gauge") can be set up from 100 amps to 600. Has an output. That said all functions can be done with the display. Have a look
Looks pretty good. Thanks.
However when Will Prowse was using it even he had trouble as it was so complicated. Sooooo. I suppose I could figure it our eventually though as they do even have manuals for them.
Thanks again. :)

Some leads:

Chargery
SBMS0
TinyBMS
123 Smart BMS

First two have a screen, all are capable of some form of monitoring (Display, BT, Wifi, or wired connection).
Thank you
That is helpful having a choice. :)

Looks pretty good. Thanks.
However when Will Prowse was using it even he had trouble as it was so complicated. Sooooo. I suppose I could figure it our eventually though as they do even have manuals for them.
Thanks again. :)
Well it’s only complicated if ya let it be. You could hook it up. Set Type of lithium,amp hrs and watt hrs. And down the road play with the other settings.

Well it’s only complicated if ya let it be. You could hook it up. Set Type of lithium,amp hrs and watt hrs. And down the road play with the other settings.
So you are saying that one of the gurus of solar energy LET it be complicated in his videos when he admitted that it was complicated?
That does not sound right but oh well.

So you are saying that one of the gurus of solar energy LET it be complicated in his videos when he admitted that it was complicated?
That does not sound right but oh well.
One of the MAIN reasons I have followed Will is his Inthuesam! That said he doesn't always get it right (nor do I for that matter) Besides the newest manual removed "MOST" of the Chinglish.

One of the MAIN reasons I have followed Will is his Inthuesam! That said he doesn't always get it right (nor do I for that matter) Besides the newest manual removed "MOST" of the Chinglish.

Plus when he was doing the video he did NOT have the latest manual ....The lastets manual is really good .. in fact @Steve_S who is a prime on the forum is the one that did most of the correcting which made a ton of ppl's lives easier ...

Plus when he was doing the video he did NOT have the latest manual ....The lastets manual is really good .. in fact @Steve_S who is a prime on the forum is the one that did most of the correcting which made a ton of ppl's lives easier ...
I just read an old version and then a newer version as well. [The latest from Chargery.com] And it looks interesting for sure :)
Thanks Ghost. :)

I just read an old version and then a newer version as well. [The latest from Chargery.com] And it looks interesting for sure :)
Thanks Ghost. :)
The DRAFT 4.1 Owner's Manual is here. Manuals are being updated now with some new parts being added in as Jason has heeded advice and is changing the shunt types and a few more little things. This is the BMS8T Manual which is 97% the same as the rest. The "Official" new manual(s) will be posted on Chargery Site sometime in the week of July 13.

Chargery BMS8T Draft 4.1 Owners Manual.

The DRAFT 4.1 Owner's Manual is here. Manuals are being updated now with some new parts being added in as Jason has heeded advice and is changing the shunt types and a few more little things. This is the BMS8T Manual which is 97% the same as the rest. The "Official" new manual(s) will be posted on Chargery Site sometime in the week of July 13.

Steve -- I assuming/hoping that Jason will continue to take your suggested improvements and make them available with Firmware improvements ...

Thank you Steve. :)

Does anyone recommend their charger s well? Or can I use another charger [for Lifepo of course]?

What are you building?
8 - 3.2 volt 320 amp batteries in series for a mobility scooter.
But wall can only allow 1200 watts so I can't use a high amp charger as it would blow a circuit where I live.

8 - 3.2 volt 320 amp batteries in series for a mobility scooter.
But wall can only allow 1200 watts so I can't use a high amp charger as it would blow a circuit where I live.

I believe those chargers (the Chargery) were designed initially for E-Bike applications. Seems like this would be a pretty similar application to yours. I don't personally know much about these chargers, and don't recall coming across anyone here who owns one so I can't offer much constructive input.

diy solar

diy solar
Back