diy solar

diy solar

looks like theyre doing 310AH batteries now for around same price as the 280.

Also forgot to mention that communication with Wendy Leung at Exliporc New Energy was on time, no delays in answering questions, and very professional,
she reminded me of Amy at Xuba,
it took maybe 3 hours in the morning and the order was done, which was evening on a Friday for her.

I tried with Basen for 4 days to get a few question answered, and I didn't get anything from them.

From their website:
Contemporary Amperex Technology Co., Limited (CATL) is a global leader in the development and manufacturing of lithium-ion batteries, with businesses covering R&D, manufacturing and sales in battery systems for new energy vehicles and energy storage systems.

in wiki it is one of top 3 world manufacturers, among Panasonic and one more Chinese brand.

by the way, what is the reason of scratching out qr code? Maybe it not necessary means that cell is not original etc, maybe it was for oem projects that dud not play out.

by the way, what is the reason of scratching out qr code? Maybe it not necessary means that cell is not original etc, maybe it was for oem projects that dud not play out.
There is a myriad of reasons that a cell may have the qr code scratched out, ranging from failing to capacity test as they are supposed to, sitting in the warehouse too long, or having serious chemistry problems on a give batch that will effect the longevity of the cell.
The guy in China that I trust the most tells me that the CATL cells currently available on Alibaba test well below 310ah and have other serious problems to the point that he will not sell them at all, even though he has them in his warehouse.

I have not tested them myself or anything like that but, again, this guy is someone I trust and has been in the business for 18 years. He can get anything I want and he will not even give me any kind of a price on the CATL 310ah cells...he will not sell them.

I think it means you get no warranty or support from the manufacturer.
I don't believe you get any manufacturer warranty when buying on Alibaba unless the actual manufacturer is who you are buying form on Alibaba. At least that is usually the case. Any warranty offered is from the supplier you are dealing with and with most of the suppliers....I would not count on them honoring anything beyond the first couple of months at best.

I think it means you get no warranty or support from the manufacturer.
Thats true, only from supplier then.
I'm curious if there were cases on the forum where someone got support euther from EVE or Lishen directly for the cells that were purchased on Alibaba or Xpress?
The guy in China that I trust the most tells me that the CATL cells currently available on Alibaba test well below 310ah and have other serious problems to the point that he will not sell them at all, even though he has them in his warehouse.
On youtube im tracking the guy from Germany who purchase such, few tests are made still. Maybe we would know whats wrong with them. If it is just capacuty below 310 - not big issue as they almost same size as 272/280

Thats true, only from supplier then.
I'm curious if there were cases on the forum where someone got support euther from EVE or Lishen directly for the cells that were purchased on Alibaba or Xpress?

On youtube im tracking the guy from Germany who purchase such, few tests are made still. Maybe we would know whats wrong with them. If it is just capacuty below 310 - not big issue as they almost same size as 272/280
That is true, if it is just the lower than expected ah it is not a big deal, although the price per amp hour is then, I suspect, not a lot better than what I sell the 272ah lishen cells for (Lishen is known for derating their cells and these 272ah almost always test at 280ah+ (usually 282ah or 283ah).

Also, my guy says that these cells have more problems than just the amp hour issue, and that those problems will show up in the longevity of the cells if not in other ways.

I do not think this guy would lie to me....but, for those that have or will order them, I hope he is wrong.

I have heard cases where the manufacturer did step up and provide some relief for a Alibaba buyer, but I can not remember which manufacturer and I would not count on it happing. If/when it does, count yourself as very lucky :)

Ok, we' ll see. The cells are now on AliExpress as well.
5885ronny - guy on youtube with catl 310 amps. His cells have qr in the middle on the top lead.

I don't believe you get any manufacturer warranty when buying on Alibaba unless the actual manufacturer is who you are buying form on Alibaba. At least that is usually the case. Any warranty offered is from the supplier you are dealing with and with most of the suppliers....I would not count on them honoring anything beyond the first couple of months at best.
I agree but I assumed the manufacturer was the one who was destroying the labels

I agree but I assumed the manufacturer was the one who was destroying the labels
They are. I was not speaking about these 310ah cells specifically when I talked about manufacturers stepping up and doing something about faulty cells. I was speaking about cells with intact QR codes....any warranty is going to be from the seller and not the manufacturer if you buy on Alibaba...at least that is my understanding.

unlikely.
Battery Size:72*174*204mm

This is idential to the 280ah sitting on the desk in front of me. I find it extremely unlikey that they crammed 10% more capacity in the same physical space. In addition the cell price is ~15% better than 280ah cells.

I would not be takeing the risk.
I get better than that out of my 272ah Lishens...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210314-141741.jpg
    Screenshot_20210314-141741.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 33
I can tell you there is no way EVE will provide any support unless buying from them. In fact they don't like answering any technical questions unless they think you will be buying from them. EVE sent out a memo regarding this. I am sure EVE is motivated to have customers purchase directly from
them so take the memo with a grain of salt.

Attachments

• 公告 (1).pdf
    295.1 KB · Views: 23
Back