diy solar

diy solar

Low voltage drop out

emeraldcoastcamper

My magnum hybrid inverter allows me to program the low voltage drop out. It does not say anything about battery life remaining. If I am installing 2, 12 V 200 amp lifepo batteries where would be a good level for the low voltage drop out?

The kiss of death for LiFePO4 is around 2.5v/cell so well above that.
I think 12v (3v/cell) would be as low as i would ever go if i needed to squeeze out as much as possible to get thru a night or a few cloudy days.
A conservative number would be 12.5v-12.9v. (see attached) Try this and see how it goes; not much can go wrong here. And this will yield most of your usable power.

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 4.40.21 PM.png

I've been using 12.0v on my Magnum hybrid for the past 4 years. The lowest I've seen was 12.3v inverting at 29% SoC early morning using the microwave (125a) before the sun came up.
When using my 12 cup coffee maker at 26% battery pack read 12.83v, inverting 12.6v with a 76.6a draw.
Remember that your inverter reading probably will read lower than the battery pack voltage.

I've been living off the system in sig for 4 years now.

Last edited:
The kiss of death for LiFePO4 is around 2.5v/cell so well above that.
I think 12v (3v/cell) would be as low as i would ever go if i needed to squeeze out as much as possible to get thru a night or a few cloudy days.
A conservative number would be 12.5v-12.9v. (see attached) Try this and see how it goes; not much can go wrong here. And this will yield most of your usable power.

View attachment 6913
Good info. Thanks a bunch.

Back