diy solar

diy solar

Luxpower dongle wont connect.

womble

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me. I have a luxpower lxp3.6k hybrid inverter with a luxpower dongle attached. I also use the luxpower app to view all info. About 3 days ago the app stopped showing current info. I left it a couple of days thinking it was just a glitch and even tried the luxpower webpage with no info coming to it. I then checked the dongle and all 3 green leds were lit as should be. I then went to 10.10.10.1 and under “station mode setting” changed the connection to my phones hotspot. When it asked to reset i clicked yes. LEDs are 1 solid and flashing second cloud one. Went back to “station mode setting” and changed back to original connection with password etc. LEDs are 1 solid and flashing second cloud one. Both these connections work for my phone and computer. On 10.10.10.1 under “module management” i clicked “restore factory settings”. Inputed password again under “station mode setting”. LEDs are 1 solid and flashing second cloud one.

Driving me nuts. Am i missing something? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

This is how I connected my dongle:

On my phone, I scanned all of my wifi settings and turned off auto reconnect for all of them. If you have LED 1 solid and LED 2 flashing, then I used my phone to connect to the local dongle wifi. In the Luxpower app, I selected to register dongle. I typed in the name of my local network that I wanted the dongle to connect to and the password of that network. Of course, I also made certain the correct dongle SN and PIN were present. Then I connected and go the 3 solid green light.

To update firmware, I connected back to my local network, opened up Luxpower app, selected firmware update for my 12k inverter. the files were identified and I downloaded the firmware to my phone. Then, I disconnected from my local network and connected back to the dongle. From the Luxpower app, I selected update firmware. The inverter started flashing green LED and the firmware updated from phone to the dongle inside the app. A progress bar was present. After updating, the inverted restarted.

It is a bit of a convoluted process, but it does work. I hope this helps some.

The use of local IP addresses, hotspots, etc are not really necessary. My router is set to DHCP. Nothing special.

Last edited:
Had the same thing happen, sort of, but in my case, only one light on the dongle was flashing. We had the electric briefly go down (Lux backup was too slow for uninterrupted power), the router lost initial settings. Never had a problem with the router in a straight grid power loss before installing inverter, but for some reason, it reset all my user connections to the router. Sooooo, had to go in and re-configure router. Once I did, the dongle hooked right up during log in to the monitor center.

Back