diy solar

diy solar

Wifi dongle "already bound" error Sol-ark

Riderice

Trying to add my "Plant" (sol-ark 15k) to my PV Pro app. Scanning QR or entering info manually, get an error that it's "bound". I assume this means my installer added it to his account, and never removed it, and now I'm locked out...?

I took the dongle apart but didn't find any "reset" buttons or anything. Anyway, the problem is in the PV Pro database I guess, in the proverbial cloud...

Anyone know how to get around this? Seems crazy that MY dongle is bricked (to me) because someone else added it first...

The manual instructs the installer to add to their account and then transfer to the owner. I disagree with this. I don't see any reason for my installer to have control remotely. On my last system I added the plant before the installer and locked him out.

Trying to add my "Plant" (sol-ark 15k) to my PV Pro app. Scanning QR or entering info manually, get an error that it's "bound". I assume this means my installer added it to his account, and never removed it, and now I'm locked out...?

I took the dongle apart but didn't find any "reset" buttons or anything. Anyway, the problem is in the PV Pro database I guess, in the proverbial cloud...

Anyone know how to get around this? Seems crazy that MY dongle is bricked (to me) because someone else added it first...
If your installer added the dongle through their account then you can get him to unbind it or get another dongle.

you can get him to unbind it
That's my point, what if I can't? It was a random electrician working for the company I hired, I don't have his contact info, even if I did what if he doesn't comply? I'd have to pay $135 for a new dongle...? Crazy

That's my point, what if I can't? It was a random electrician working for the company I hired, I don't have his contact info, even if I did what if he doesn't comply? I'd have to pay $135 for a new dongle...? Crazy
If you can’t get him to unbind it then you have to buy a new dongle.

You can ask Sol-Ark if they will unbind it but they wouldn’t or couldn’t before.

Back