diy solar

diy solar

Lv6548 charging from generator/grid while remaining on inverter/battery power?

ericfx1984

Solar Enthusiast
I'm there a way to use my lv6548 to charge. My batteries, using grid or generator power, while remaining on battery/inverter power?

You have 4...you could use 1 for gen charging the other 2 to power loads and the 4th for a spare.
That might be my temporary option... But I would also like to have the available power on the off chance I need it

I'm there a way to use my lv6548 to charge. My batteries, using grid or generator power, while remaining on battery/inverter power?
When LV6548 is charging battery from AC input the battery to HV DC converter is being used in reverse power mode to charge battery so it cannot supply HV DC for AC output PWM sinewave output generation.

Any AC output has to come from AC input pass-through. It also sends PV power to HV DC bus so PV contributes to charging, reducing the power taken for battery charging from AC input.

When LV6548 is charging battery from AC input the battery to HV DC converter is being used in reverse power mode to charge battery so it cannot supply HV DC for AC output PWM sinewave output generation.

Any AC output has to come from AC input pass-through. It also sends PV power to HV DC bus so PV contributes to charging, reducing the power taken for battery charging from AC input.
That is a perfect!. It makes perfect sense

I guess if you think about it it really makes sense... I've noticed that on the majority of all in one units The grid power battery charging amperage if multiplied by the battery voltage works out to about the same wattage as the inverter delivers on the AC side

So ultimately it looks like they're using the inverter in reverse

I guess if you think about it it really makes sense... I've noticed that on the majority of all in one units The grid power battery charging amperage if multiplied by the battery voltage works out to about the same wattage as the inverter delivers on the AC side

So ultimately it looks like they're using the inverter in reverse
Pretty much is maximum inverter rated power. Charging power delivered is AC input power divided by inverter efficiency. You get a little more battery charging amps when battery voltage is low.

Because of the synchronous rectification and PWM'd near sinewave AC load current draw profile, the AC power factor for charging is quite good, in the range of 0.95. This is important when charging from a generator. AC VA is close to true watts of AC input.

Back