diy solar

diy solar

LVX6048 not showing correct battery voltage?

iamrich

Solar Addict
Anyone know which control board monitors the battery voltage inside the LVX6048? Not sure if I caused it, but after hooking the Lifepower comm hub to test, the battery voltage is all over the place (-2 to +6v). I unhooked the hub to see if that would fix it, but no luck. Right now, my voltage is 53.1v on the six pack of lifepower4's, but if the AC comes on, the LVX6048 drops to 51.3v. Once the AC goes off, the voltage jumps to 55.3v. It's not a huge deal (well maybe it is), but I have to set the float/bulk values higher and higher or the solar array stops charging. My second unit (independent, not paralleled) is working fine.

I don't know anything about the LVX but the battery voltage measurement on my SolArk was not as accurate as I would have liked. My solution was to enable closed communication with my Orion BMS which had much more accurate voltage and then the SolArk used that voltage.

Yeah, that is what I tried to do with my lifepower comm hub. I set it for Voltronics and hooked it up to the LVX. I am wondering if a simple CAT6 network cable was not the correct choice. I didn't get a fault on any of the devices, but there definitely was an acrid ("hey stupid, you're burning something") smell the next morning in my mechanical room. I vented the room and unplugged the comm hub and the smell has not returned. Still learning all the quirks with these units...

Seems to be a very common problem with this line of inverters, everyone who has one should pop the cover off and check.

Back