diy solar

diy solar

m8 to m10 battery post terminals

dustonlarsen

Minor question, building out Lifepo batteries ( 2 24v batteries) I just realized my BMS and cells have M8 studs and connectors and my inverter and battery cables are M10 connectors. Do they make an M8 to M10 battery terminal stud or will I be ok connecting my cells and BMS to the M8 battery terminal and then my M10 connectors on my inverter wires to the M8 battery terminal stud? Thanks in advance.

Minor question, building out Lifepo batteries ( 2 24v batteries) I just realized my BMS and cells have M8 studs and connectors and my inverter and battery cables are M10 connectors. Do they make an M8 to M10 battery terminal stud or will I be ok connecting my cells and BMS to the M8 battery terminal and then my M10 connectors on my inverter wires to the M8 battery terminal stud? Thanks in advance.
Many of us make our own cables so this is never an issue. You put an M8 sized lug on one end of the cable and M10 on the other. Or you could buy premade cables of m8 and drill out the other lugs to accept M10 on that one end. If you use an M10 size lug on an m8 stud it probably is not going to matter as long as the surface area around the M8 stud is large enough. As long as you are making good contact it should not be an issue.

Many of us make our own cables so this is never an issue. You put an M8 sized lug on one end of the cable and M10 on the other. Or you could buy premade cables of m8 and drill out the other lugs to accept M10 on that one end. If you use an M10 size lug on an m8 stud it probably is not going to matter as long as the surface area around the M8 stud is large enough. As long as you are making good contact it should not be an issue.
Thanks, my current gel batteries are M8 bolts with the M10 wire connectors and I haven't had any issues. Wasn't too concerned with the cheap batteries. Now i want to make sure i dont mess up my build.

Back