diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo RxLNA Discussion

That part is true. I had both a broken Wifi dongle and a broken CT. My distributor, GSL, shipped out replacements relatively quickly, however.

Same, I had broken CTs but my father in law, just got the same inverter and it was packaged and shipped better than mine was. Also no broken parts.

Ok everyone,

I had this same issue with it not using the battery properly at night. And I might of found the issue.

R8KLNA

I flipped the CT back and forth and played with many settings.
When running off grid everything was fine.

Because offgrid works great it must have had something to do with the CT.

My fix was pointing the arrow of CT to the inverter and to connect CT clamp L1 to Port CT2
AND CT clamp L2 TO port CT1

My suggestion is to try every direction with the CT untill you have desired calm working inverter that discharges at a normal speed when used in self consume mode

I think they mass produce these inverters and they didnt check the CT clamps and ports for errors during the manufacturing.

Kind regards,
SXM

My fix was pointing the arrow of CT to the inverter and to connect CT clamp L1 to Port CT2 AND CT clamp L2 TO port CT1

My suggestion is to try every direction with the CT untill you have desired calm working inverter that discharges at a normal speed when used in self consume mode
Do you have pictures/screenshots of power grapgs before/after you altered the CT's? ?

If you're on old firmware, check out this other thread.

I thought this was just a parallel inverter issue, or something with my panels. Turns out it was a bug in the firmware that doesn't maximize mppt 3/4. It is also SO VERY strange that parallel inverter strings are nearly identical. Hmmm.

Does anyone have existing grid tie PV inverters in use with these inverters? The manual has zero mention of AC coupling. The inverters seem to be pretty nice, with the exception of the firmware/software which is typical of the imported inverters.

I have a need to add batteries to existing grid tied systems. The only solutions that appear solid/trouble free are outback/schneider for my AC coupled usage due to KW in/out required. I am drawn to these inverters due to larger KW output on the larger models. I have a project with 3 x 6.0KW SMA GT's and wanted to try and reuse the GT's, but appears that rewiring to DC coupling would be the only solution with the Megarevo's. Even with other solutions I planned on rewiring 1 or 2 GT's and trying to keep a mix of both DC and AC Coupling.
I have the same situation and question. I have existing PV micro-inverters that are GT, so I would need AC coupling to my ESS (hybrid inverter battery system). I really want to be able to keep using PV power when utility is down, so I need to have the hybrid inverter between my meter and my PV system, in order to form a micro-grid. It's not clear to me whether the MR 8K supports this.

I have the same situation and question. I have existing PV micro-inverters that are GT, so I would need AC coupling to my ESS (hybrid inverter battery system). I really want to be able to keep using PV power when utility is down, so I need to have the hybrid inverter between my meter and my PV system, in order to form a micro-grid. It's not clear to me whether the MR 8K supports this.
Yes, I asked this question to Megarevo back in December. I was informed that with the new firmware update I should be able to connect my Enphase to gen.

Yes, I asked this question to Megarevo back in December. I was informed that with the new firmware update I should be able to connect my Enphase to gen.
That would be great! Is that update already out? Have you or anyone else tried this?
I'm curious how exactly it's supported. Firstly, the "gen" connection has to "show" grid-like voltage and frequency so that the micro-inverters would start producing. Secondly, it would be best to use frequency-watt to control micro-inverter power output; e.g. when batteries are full, alter frequency to ramp down production. I guess with the firmware it could at least just shut off the "show" voltage so that the micro-inverters just stop producing, but I hear that this kind of sudden flipping is bad for the longevity of the equipment.

My fix was pointing the arrow of CT to the inverter and to connect CT clamp L1 to Port CT2
AND CT clamp L2 TO port CT1
I tried that yesterday.
Reversed direction of the CT's (arrows pointing towards the inverter instead of the grid) & exchanged the L1/L2 RJ45 plugs on the inverter.
All fans started going full speed and Inverter started to discharge my batteries at full capacity.

It is not the/a solution for me.

Could you provide some more info what youe issues were before and after you made the switch(es) ?

good day, I need some help with my Bluesun R8KLNA:

My batteries are: Lithium Ion raw cells salvaged from old bmz ess 15inr19/66-54, no bms

i tried to translate from german
nominal voltage - 55.5vdc
charge voltage 61.5v
capacity 121.5 ah
charging current 90a

I need to know what would be the settings for these batteries on the R8KLNA

charge voltage - tried to set it to 61.5 but the most it allows is 58v
battery end volt - i set this to 48v
battery OVP - 58.5v
charge current - currently set to 35a

any assistance is welcomed, i'm reading the forums but havent found anything to assist asyet, its my first system total newbie in the caribbean trying a ting, thanks

good day, I need some help with my Bluesun R8KLNA:

My batteries are: Lithium Ion raw cells salvaged from old bmz ess 15inr19/66-54, no bms

i tried to translate from german
nominal voltage - 55.5vdc
charge voltage 61.5v
capacity 121.5 ah
charging current 90a

I need to know what would be the settings for these batteries on the R8KLNA

charge voltage - tried to set it to 61.5 but the most it allows is 58v
battery end volt - i set this to 48v
battery OVP - 58.5v
charge current - currently set to 35a

any assistance is welcomed, i'm reading the forums but havent found anything to assist asyet, its my first system total newbie in the caribbean trying a ting, thanks
Did you try to set it to lead acid, set the correct voltages and then set it back to lithium?

Back