diy solar

diy solar

Midnite Solar Announced their new 10kw AIO at Intersolar Today

Any updates? Are you able to show the upper part with cover off?
yeah - I'm considering moving testing to my house at this point because it's getting kinda boring at the shop - everything is just working as expected. Few tweaks to the app are needed but the iOS update should be here any minute now.

yeah - I'm considering moving testing to my house at this point because it's getting kinda boring at the shop - everything is just working as expected. Few tweaks to the app are needed but the iOS update should be here any minute now.

You’re welcome to move it to my house 😎.

Sounds pretty solid. An AIO without drama or constant firmware issues, would be welcome in this space I think.

This is where you can keep an eye out for the release. We are starting a mailing list to notify when final shipping dates, price, etc. is available.

Idle consumption is about 65 watts. We are still working on pricing. Mainly on what the wholesale price will be. I am guessing street price will be between $4500 and $5500. We will be offering Lithium batteries also to insure compatible closed loop operation. The pricing on the 5.1KWH rack mounts will be truly jaw dropping. The wall mount 15KWH UL9540 version this summer hasn't been determined yet.
Inverters are due to start shipping in early May.
Any insight on the batteries coming out that is new or different about them?

There is a pretty active thread right now about how the CEC listing for 18kpv is unusable when interconnecting with PG&E in California because it cannot pass the PCS (Power Control System) review that gets triggered for grid tie ESS. By comparison stuff like Schneider and Enphase do have PCS in the UL cert and presumably also properly filed with CEC

(This 18kpv problem could be as simple as filing two missing forms with CEC, if the equipment already qualifies, most of the questions I have are on how the respective manufacturers will follow through on slogging to the end)

What are the procedures/plans at MidNite for helping customers work through this? It is kind of a big lift for a DIYer to figure it out on their own. Will there be support/application engineering resources at MidNite or referrals to a set of EG Greenlancer folks that know how to game the system in each state?

They probably won’t need a firmware update straight out of the box 🤣
This isn't necessarily a bad thing. If a bug is found after production, implementing and releasing a fix is the right thing to do. My new Victron products almost always needed a one click firmware update and i am thankful.

NOT acknowledging the bug(s) and letting customers suffer thru such a bungled release is terrible. Refusing to fix bugs after years of complaints (ahem, Schneider) is unforgivable.

Back