diy solar

diy solar

Midnite Solar Announced their new 10kw AIO at Intersolar Today

Aren't most batteries mute?
If a vertical case battery falls over in the woods, does it make a sound? :)

I was reading something where someone mentioned liquid temp control on some brands battery coming soon. Which would be nice for those outdoor installs where there may be higher ambient temps., having the batteries be able to heat and cool themselves so you may not need an ac unit for the powerhosue in the summer.

I think a load test is in place.
Now if it does not disappoint like the sneak peak we just had, I think the 18k, its variance (fortress) and Solark 12k have some marketing work to do especially with those batteries coming out from midnite.
I am not rethinking the dual EG4 6ks -The One it is.

I can say that my team told me they would not be dragging another 300LBS battery up the stairs ever again...so someone else may need to be the one to test it.

It will be a mute point though, because once Midnite's battery is fully released, it wouldn't make sense to choose any other battery, since Midnite is only going to do UL9540 certification on their own batteries - and that's before we even get into the price point conversation...
Really appreciate the sneak peak!

Quick question on Midnite's batteries: are they doing wall mount units as well, or something more akin to rack mount style? Much like your team, I'm not entirely sure I'd want to drag 300lbs down my stairs. :cool:

Really appreciate the sneak peak!

Quick question on Midnite's batteries: are they doing wall mount units as well, or something more akin to rack mount style? Much like your team, I'm not entirely sure I'd want to drag 300lbs down my stairs. :cool:
This should be covered somewhere earlier in this thread, they are planning both rackmount and wallmount batteries.

I like it. I know its a ton of money hanging there, but what would be awesome would be all you all in ones mounted on the wall in a row.😁
Well, eventually we will. It's what our tech team uses for training - the idea is if someone on the phone has an issue, they should be able to go to a working unit and see if they can recreate / fix it versus just trying to read the manual for someone.

Are there any testing videos? Or is this the first hookup?
This was first hookup, testing videos coming as time permits.

I know I harped on Midnite being overly optimistic on dates... noticed Current Connected did take down the ship date (which was supposed to be today) off of their listing for it. Is there a new date or is it not known now?

I know I harped on Midnite being overly optimistic on dates... noticed Current Connected did take down the ship date (which was supposed to be today) off of their listing for it. Is there a new date or is it not known now?
Maybe it’s available

The rack mount and 16kw outdoor wall mount batteries are done, but still going through UL testing at SGS. You will be impressed with the specs and price. The MidNite batteries were developed to go with the ONE inverter. Totally seamless operation and monitoring. This monitoring stuff is tricky and it isn’t totally done. We are hopeful that when SGS is finished so will the software guys. Inverter and battery info will be available on our app. There will be no issues of losing closed loop connectivity when updating firmware for either batteries or inverter. We don’t have a ton of engineers or the deep pockets of some manufacturers, so we just have to be better. Fortunately we have the experience that others don’t.

The rack mount and 16kw outdoor wall mount batteries are done, but still going through UL testing at SGS. You will be impressed with the specs and price. The MidNite batteries were developed to go with the ONE inverter. Totally seamless operation and monitoring. This monitoring stuff is tricky and it isn’t totally done. We are hopeful that when SGS is finished so will the software guys. Inverter and battery info will be available on our app. There will be no issues of losing closed loop connectivity when updating firmware for either batteries or inverter. We don’t have a ton of engineers or the deep pockets of some manufacturers, so we just have to be better. Fortunately we have the experience that others don’t.
Awesome news Robin looking forward to seeing their price and capabilities.

Awesome news Robin looking forward to seeing their price and capabilities.
Same here.
Even though the price for the one is a bit beyond what I was expecting it is truly a competitor of the sol ark 12 k and eg4 18k (depending on how you look at it).
I don't suppose there would be a competitor to the Solark 15k?

Same here.
Even though the price for the one is a bit beyond what I was expecting it is truly a competitor of the sol ark 12 k and eg4 18k (depending on how you look at it).
I don't suppose there would be a competitor to the Solark 15k?
Kind of a different use case. Yes the 15k has more output, but the ONE has much better surge and imbalance ratings, along with a miriad of other specs that, IMO, dont really put them in the same "class". Different strokes for different folks.

As I remember the batteries will be available in July, but I could be wrong. Logan@midnitesolar.com knows better than I do. I do know that shipping costs for containers have tripled in the last few months. I also don’t know how or when the newest tariffs will affect us? I’m on a cruise in the Mediterranean at the moment trying not to think about work much.. Fortunately we have great people running MidNite Solar.

Solark 15 wishes they could compete with The One. Not even close
Man, all this tough talk and I still haven't seen a thorough review. Did I somehow miss it? I want something other than a Sol-Ark or EG4 because I'm sick of both of them on a company level, but I also want some reviews from a reputable source.. ideally not from the place selling it to me.

Man, all this tough talk and I still haven't seen a thorough review. Did I somehow miss it? I want something other than a Sol-Ark or EG4 because I'm sick of both of them on a company level, but I also want some reviews from a reputable source.. ideally not from the place selling it to me.
Growatt sph10000tlhu-us. I'm telling you right now this inverter will take over.

Growatt sph10000tlhu-us. I'm telling you right now this inverter will take over.
I've seen this one mentioned lately as well. Did anybody actually get one into their hands, or is it all speculation based on the manual still?

@Will Prowse Did Growatt send you one of these bad boys for review?

I find it funny that everyone is harping on the release timeline for this inverter, but didn't EG4 also announce an inverter at Intersolar?

Think Will started a thread on the forum about that one.

noticed Current Connected did take down the ship date (which was supposed to be today) off of their listing for it. Is there a new date or is it not known now?
That's because all pre-orders have been fulfilled and we are now turning around orders in 1 business day or less, while supply lasts.

I find it funny that everyone is harping on the release timeline for this inverter, but didn't EG4 also announce an inverter at Intersolar?

Think Will started a thread on the forum about that one.

That's because all pre-orders have been fulfilled and we are now turning around orders in 1 business day or less, while supply lasts.
Have you seen a review on "The One" by anybody relatively large yet? Who was given these things for testing? Is it under a release date review embargo or something?

I've seen this one mentioned lately as well. Did anybody actually get one into their hands, or is it all speculation based on the manual still?

@Will Prowse Did Growatt send you one of these bad boys for review?

I have one of the Growatt units, but I’m probably months from having my array built, and ready to hook it up. Someone else has one running, IIRC

A couple of people already have them.
Where are the reviews by our cohort of YouTube reviewers? I don't understand how these inverter manufacturers don't send units to Will and his Tubey friends. Do their marketing teams feel there would be no benefit from it? Maybe they are such big players that the buzz created by a favorable Will review is meaningless to them.

When that message was posted, your website was in a weird intermediate state that looked like a "bug". Like it went from "about to ship preorders" to "huh?" (I didn't take a screenshot, so unfortunately I can't prove this)

The current version of the website (which I loaded 1 min ago) makes it pretty clear that you have stock and are taking orders.

diy solar

diy solar
Back