diy solar

diy solar

Midnite Solar Announced their new 10kw AIO at Intersolar Today

1 minute (timed shutdown not thermal). Push the button on the side and instantly resets the overload shutdown.

I was able to push to 68.7A before hitting the 1 second shutdown point.

We have very few inductive loads at the shop other than a 15HP 3ph 480v rotary screw compressor that has an unloader and soft start...but really to run 3 inverters and a transformer to test with it wouldn't be very valuable. Need a 240v piston compressor that can start under full load to do a real test...

How high can a single leg be pushed while the other leg is at it's rated capacity? The test you ran had the other leg at zero load, right?

From my testing the loading of one leg has no effect on the surge of the other leg, Remember all of these AIO's are actually 2 seperate inverters one per leg.
I assumed as much about it being 2 separate inverters inside. But the firmware might intentionally behave differently when loaded like that.. or they might have some type of shared heatsink / cooling that is worked harder causing it to cut off faster.

From my testing the loading of one leg has no effect on the surge of the other leg, Remember all of these AIO's are actually 2 seperate inverters one per leg.
I assumed as much about it being 2 separate inverters inside. But the firmware might intentionally behave differently when loaded like that.. or they might have some type of shared heatsink / cooling that is worked harder causing it to cut off faster.

Given the 20kVA/13kVA specs, I presume the inverter on each phase can handle 13kVA but the boost converter from 48V battery to HV rail can only handle 20kVA.

Maybe it could do 26kVA surge when PV present.
Better to spec 20kVA and customers can get that day and night, be presently surprised when it does more in the daytime.
The difference between Midnight and "other" companies.

The 1s duration is too short for heatsink itself to rise in temperature. Maybe the silicon and metal parts of the transistor, which would have heat sink pad/compound on back.

Other devices with 60 second spec (Rosie), I'd think heatsink thermal mass.

The 1s duration is too short for heatsink itself to rise in temperature. Maybe the silicon and metal parts of the transistor, which would have heat sink pad/compound on back.
1 second? I thought he said 1 minute? Does that change anything?

EDIT.. oh, he said both 1 second and 1 minute.

The One data sheet quotes 1 second surge. Sufficient for some motors/tools but not all.
Rosie quotes 1 minute surge.
(SMA Sunny Island quotes 3 second surge.)

The One data sheet quotes 1 second surge. Sufficient for some motors/tools but not all.
Rosie quotes 1 minute surge.
(SMA Sunny Island quotes 3 second surge.)
Looks like Rosie (or two) is still the clear choice if you have sustained difficult loads.

No . I think Robin mentioned it's not Deye or SNRE or any kind f the others
Did a bit of digging think this is it:

Fenghua Hualong Solar Energy Photoelectricity Co,.Ltd​

we haven't seen any torture test as yet.
I was hoping I would have been selected for the 20 give away units but I guess I missed that by a mile😁.

I can't speak on your other questions .Sure some of the guys here would.

I was reading the manual today and some of the phraseology was quite similar to these but probably just coinkidink 😉

They certainly don't have the awesome midnite breakers ☹️

To save everyone the trouble, no, its not available on Alibaba.

Last edited:
I'm assuming the AC breakers built into The One do not have AFCI or GFCI? So you'd still need a sub panel with AFCI breakers for many installations if it would be inspected, correct?

That sure does look familiar, I've seen that One somewhere before.

Question for the midnite folks- will the mnaio be available through signature solar?

I've been checking their website and don't see it listed
Signature Solar is a great company! They do carry some MidNite products. We appreciate that. It is up to James if they will be carrying the MidNite AIO. They have their own branded AIO, so I don’t know if they will want to carry a direct competitor? We would be happy if they did.

There are a number of differences to the One

So how can this inverter be purchased?

So how can this inverter be purchased?
You can buy the mnaio from current connected.usa based support with the phone number directly in the manual, an actual warranty that doesnt invlove shipping a unit back to China, midnite breakers. Etc 👍🏻

If you're asking how the OEM can be purchased? "Do your own research" 😁

diy solar

diy solar
Back