diy solar

diy solar

Midnite Solar Announced their new 10kw AIO at Intersolar Today

IIRC it was promised upthread by one of the MidNite folks, and I don’t think a hybrid can be viable without it. You can only sell in the handful of states where there is a combination of no 9540, lots of potential customers, and no anti solar bias in the local community.

They went with a 10 year warranty which is needed for CEC, so at least that is in the direction of getting it. Not sure any sane customer would pay $5150 and then just grid tie

I'll be keeping my eye on it.

My plan of record for my sister's system is Sunny Boy Smart Energy 11.5kW. The reservation with PG&E is for SB 7.7 + SB 3.8 because the bigger SBSE isn't released yet. I expect it to cost me between $2500 and $3500 and I will use it only for grid tie initially.

To get backup operation, I will need to buy Automatic Backup Unit (auto-transformer & 200A transfer switch), about $2500 more (the exact model for SBSE, not SBS, isn't announced yet.)

BYD battery can be used for either the grid-tie only configuration or the backup.

Inverter hardware would cost same as Midnight's The One. SBSE surge is probably about 15kW, vs. The One:

Peak Output Apparent Power(1s)20,000VA (13,000VA Per Leg)

Most significant difference will be cost of battery. If Midnight's battery for UL Listed ESS is competitive with others as expected, it will be half the cost of BYD's battery ($18,000 for 32kWh)

I'll be making my selection in 6 to 9 months.

Need to put an adjustment factor in there for the fact that all high income countries that import Deye are on 230V which requires less hardware, and the other split phase countries are lower cost/lower regulated areas
Greed, was the only adjustment factor.
The Deye was 1/2 the price of the Sol-Ark stickered one, before the exclusivity agreement.

Who was providing the domestic support, and would the 9540 version of Deye without SolArk branding still cost 50%?
Support was directly through Deye.
They had the same certifications at the time.
So I assume that they still would today.

This BS of a product rollout cost them at least one sale yesterday, from a person who was seriously interested and able / willing to purchase. Three EG4 units on order as of yesterday. It ain't the 1990's people.

This BS of a product rollout cost them at least one sale yesterday, from a person who was seriously interested and able / willing to purchase. Three EG4 units on order as of yesterday. It ain't the 1990's people.
Current connected has had it in his hands for probably a month now.

I would bet money that the reason there is no video showing it working yet is because, wait for it, it's not working.

Something is wrong with the unit. That's why he did the teardown 🤣

View attachment 203314

It arrived in one piece (Yesterday)
The OP, HighTechLab, stated way back on March 20th he had received the Midnite AIO the day before. Certainly after more than 2 months feedback/report/video etc. of the Inverter should have been forthcoming? Nothing but a few pictures of it taken apart? No offence HTC, but if you don't have the time to run this new product through the paces and report your findings, please consider handing it over to somebody that does.

I can't find anyone that has one and conducted any extensive testing of it's features. Nothing here or on the Midnitesolar forum. Or any other forum....Lots of hot air blown around...

I have taken the Midnite tour twice, about 4-5 years ago, and then again recently. Nobody was available to answer any questions about the ONE. I will start a new thread comparing the two soon. Calling it Midnite now and then. the now is not good compared to the then...please note I own a number of midnite products, Classic CC, PV combiners etc. and am saddened by the changes witnessed. This thread here appears to confirm at least one issue: Promises made, but then no delivery....:( Happy Birthday Indeed!

So what beta gear did you get from eg4? Three of them, how many "Ones" were you planning on?

The OP, HighTechLab, stated way back on March 20th he had received the Midnite AIO the day before. Certainly after more than 2 months feedback/report/video etc. of the Inverter should have been forthcoming? Nothing but a few pictures of it taken apart? No offence HTC, but if you don't have the time to run this new product through the paces and report your findings, please consider handing it over to somebody that does.

I can't find anyone that has one and conducted any extensive testing of it's features. Nothing here or on the Midnitesolar forum. Or any other forum....Lots of hot air blown around...

I have taken the Midnite tour twice, about 4-5 years ago, and then again recently. Nobody was available to answer any questions about the ONE. I will start a new thread comparing the two soon. Calling it Midnite now and then. the now is not good compared to the then...please note I own a number of midnite products, Classic CC, PV combiners etc. and am saddened by the changes witnessed. This thread here appears to confirm at least one issue: Promises made, but then no delivery....:( Happy Birthday Indeed!
The alternative is that the AIO is released prematurely to the public for at large beta testing. I would much prefer a product that's fully baked before release. If not, there's certainly other options on the market.

The announcement was premature.
It hasn't even hit the market, and it's old news that's lost all interest.
No hype wave left to ride.

The hype has definitely died but I’m glad they’re not going the Beta box route like Eg4 and releasing it as is and fixing whatever is wrong IF anything.

Back