Mini Split A/C Power Consumption?

acdoctor

Solar Addict
I have a 12000 Fujitsu 29 SEER and a 1000sf with R-50 attic, R-17 walls minimal number of double pane. On nights with 32 low and approximately 50 for high with unit set to 73 deg and the fan set to med. high. ( fan set med high to push down hall to rest or the house). There is about 2 deg difference in temperature from one end to the other. It uses 8 kw in the 24 hours. On nights in the 20s I use a pellet stove. On nights in the 1s I use both.

Ozark Tinkering

Solar Addict
I have a 12000 Fujitsu 29 SEER and a 1000sf with R-50 attic, R-17 walls minimal number of double pane. On nights with 32 low and approximately 50 for high with unit set to 73 deg and the fan set to med. high. ( fan set med high to push down hall to rest or the house). There is about 2 deg difference in temperature from one end to the other. It uses 8 kw in the 24 hours. On nights in the 20s I use a pellet stove. On nights in the 1s I use both.
Thank you! Between yours and @Ampster's numbers is giving me confidence that a 10kWh battery will get me in the over night game! :)

Supervstech

Administrator
Staff member
I know everyone already knows this, but air sealing the space and properly insulating it will dramatically reduce the energy usage. As will white roofs, blinds and curtains over the windows, etc…

Ozark Tinkering

Solar Addict
For clarity I use an additional 7 kw for the household in the same 24 hours. Fridge, freezer, we’ll, and other.
That's how I understood you're answer to my specific question. I'll be calculating each of those as well prior to ordering my batteries. :)
I know everyone already knows this, but air sealing the space and properly insulating it will dramatically reduce the energy usage. As will white roofs, blinds and curtains over the windows, etc…
I've been hitting it pretty hard from that direction for the last couple of years and have seen really remarkable results. Who knew even insulation in a pup-tent helps? ;)