diy solar

diy solar

Mixing Renogy RNG-100D-SS and RNG-100D

rawtoxic

I am setting a up a 600w system on my small Provan Tiger CX Rv. I had a 200W system with one 100W Renogy (RNG-100D) panel a few years old I was going to re-use it. The 5 new panels I have are Rng-100D-SS. I was going to wire in 3s2p config. My question is am I safe to use the RNG-100D in the mix wired 3s2p? Any special considerations I should be making?

MPPT 40A Renogy Rover is my SCC

Here is the labels from the panels.

Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Panel

Солнечная панель RENOGY RNG-100D-SS 24V 100W - изображение 2

I am setting a up a 600w system on my small Provan Tiger CX Rv. I had a 200W system with one 100W Renogy (RNG-100D) panel a few years old I was going to re-use it. The 5 new panels I have are Rng-100D-SS. I was going to wire in 3s2p config. My question is am I safe to use the RNG-100D in the mix wired 3s2p? Any special considerations I should be making?

MPPT 40A Renogy Rover is my SCC

Here is the labels from the panels.

Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Panel

Солнечная панель RENOGY RNG-100D-SS 24V 100W - изображение 2

The general rule seen around is the panels should be within 10% of each other (VOC & ISC) which these panels are so should be good to go.
Of course if you could spring for 1 more SS panel and save the D panel for a backup would be best.

I have Renogy (3)270 & (3)320 watt panels in parallel (3s2p) in a 24 volt system with no problems. They are just barely within 10% of each other (VOC & ISC).

Check out this link for mixing solar panels. Should be able to calculate how much of a loss mixing the SS & D panels in series.

Also attached is a really good document from FilterGuy for wiring and fusing solar arrays. It is available along with many other good documents by clicking Resources at the top of web browser.

For the MPPT 40A Renogy Rover SCC click the link below for information on programming that may be helpful.

Attachments

• Solar Array OCP.pdf
    725 KB · Views: 3
Back