MPP LV2424 not charging from utility, but will bypass

chrispyfish

Hey guys - have a weird one. My MPP solar unit, LV2424, is currently plugged into a standard AC outlet for input charging. The unit detects 117V ac at the input, and is accepting it no problem, and sending it to bypass to power AC loads running off of the inverter. However, try as I might, I cannot get it to charge the battery bank via AC. Unit is set to prioritize utility charging, set at 30A max AC charge input, and is not in power saving mode. I'm kind of at a loss at this point. Wondering if anyone has any ideas?

nicorellius

Troubleshooter
I've been struggling a bit with my recently acquired LV2424, as well. It's mostly working correctly, but I've noticed some odd behavior. For example, I changed a setting recently and it did not "stick" so I repeated it, then heard the unit click and the display updated. Additionally, I'm running an old crappy Windows laptop via USB to run the WatchPower software. I've noticed that the settings always update going from the software -> LV2424, but if you change a setting on the LV2424, you need to restart the software to pick it up. So they get out of sync if you aren't careful.

Is the AC load greater than the input? If you are running high loads, then maybe it's not charging because the power is going to run your appliances? I'm still very inexperienced with all this so I'm still learning the device, as well.

Last edited:

coil1002

Solar Wizard
Is your inverter switch on ? The one on the bottom of the unit. They will not charge if the inverter is on

thealaskan

Solar Enthusiast
Hey guys - have a weird one. My MPP solar unit, LV2424, is currently plugged into a standard AC outlet for input charging. The unit detects 117V ac at the input, and is accepting it no problem, and sending it to bypass to power AC loads running off of the inverter. However, try as I might, I cannot get it to charge the battery bank via AC. Unit is set to prioritize utility charging, set at 30A max AC charge input, and is not in power saving mode. I'm kind of at a loss at this point. Wondering if anyone has any ideas?
I've been struggling a bit with my recently acquired LV2424, as well. It's mostly working correctly, but I've noticed some odd behavior. For example, I changed a setting recently and it did not "stick" so I repeated it, then heard the unit click and the display updated. Additionally, I'm running an old crappy Windows laptop via USB to run the WatchPower software. I've noticed that the settings always update going from the software -> LV2424, but if you change a setting on the LV2424, you need to restart the software to pick it up. So they get out of sync if you aren't careful.

Is the AC load greater than the input? If you are running high loads, then maybe it's not charging because the power is going to run your appliances? I'm still very inexperienced with all this so I'm still learning the device, as well.
I have found some strange stuff too with the LV 2424's. As long as they are tied into solar, and the grid I believe they act as a UPS, and only maintain a a float. The only way I got them to start and stop charge was to tie my solar into a separate charge controller. I know have 5, 4 are split phase parallel, the 5th was removed because I thought it was broke, its not, and I'm going to set it up as a designated charger.

nicorellius

Troubleshooter
Is your inverter switch on ? The one on the bottom of the unit. They will not charge if the inverter is on
As @coil1002 states... If you turn the power switch off and then disconnect the PV input, this will trigger AC charging. At least it does on my unit, which has charger source and output source set to solar. If i switch the unit back on, output goes to batteries...

thealaskan

Solar Enthusiast
As @coil1002 states... If you turn the power switch off and then disconnect the PV input, this will trigger AC charging. At least it does on my unit, which has charger source and output source set to solar. If i switch the unit back on, output goes to batteries...
2021-08-12 (3)_LI.jpg

1,3,5, are every thing on, and grid voltage seems to pass through to output, 2 is with grid off and inverters are producing, 4 is with solar panels off and inverters are producing. and 5 shows the mppt's of the inverters coming back on line.
If the solar is removed to a separate controller charging becomes automatic, and the batteries cycle. I put the inverters in off grid , and the inverters put out a solid 120v per leg.

Last edited: