diy solar

diy solar

MPP LV2424 or not?

I am looking for a solar back up system. Not a full house. Just something that can run a fridge, freezer, sump pump, fireplace insert, couple lights, maybe a hot plate, etc to help with power outages. I have seen some videos on the LV2424 and love the portable set ups I have seen. I also like the "all in one", so I think a newbie like me won't have to worry as much with different fuses, busbars, can charge the batteries via normal outlet, etc. Couple of questions that I would like to defer to those that are more in the know.
I assume i need to try to stick to half the inverter rating when powering items?
Is the LV2424 good for what I need? ie...is the 2400 watt inverter enough? (am i to only run at 50%)
Is something like the Growatt better with a 3000 watt inverter?
ShopSolar.com has the LV2424 combo for $3500...comes with all things needed (cables, fuse, 2 200AH 12 volt batteries, 800 watt panels, etc)...is that a good deal vs piecing things together myself?
Should I look at other "all in ones"?

Thanks

I am looking for a solar back up system. Not a full house. Just something that can run a fridge, freezer, sump pump, fireplace insert, couple lights, maybe a hot plate, etc to help with power outages. I have seen some videos on the LV2424 and love the portable set ups I have seen. I also like the "all in one", so I think a newbie like me won't have to worry as much with different fuses, busbars, can charge the batteries via normal outlet, etc. Couple of questions that I would like to defer to those that are more in the know.
I assume i need to try to stick to half the inverter rating when powering items?
Is the LV2424 good for what I need? ie...is the 2400 watt inverter enough? (am i to only run at 50%)
Is something like the Growatt better with a 3000 watt inverter?
ShopSolar.com has the LV2424 combo for $3500...comes with all things needed (cables, fuse, 2 200AH 12 volt batteries, 800 watt panels, etc)...is that a good deal vs piecing things together myself?
Should I look at other "all in ones"?

Thanks
My split phase lv2424 does is setup with a critical loads switch for fridge, furnace, basic household lighting, and does knock down energy consumption during full sun days if I’m around to flip switches. I halve about 3k of solar. The lv2424 does not do a good job of bulk charging my 800ah of Lipo, always going into float unless I turn off, then turn on solar at the combiners. My soc will sit at 40% unless I cycle the panels for some reason. The highest I can set the batteries to switch to utility is 25.5 volts leaving me in dire straits if there is a power failure in the winter months. The lv2424 split phase was an inexpensive and interesting experiment, but you might want to buy a Colman stove and some gas canisters for a lot less money then the battery you’d need to run a hot plate. Don’t spend too much on a sub par system.

Sounds to me like you need to check on the battery charging parameters, these units come pre-programed for Lead-Acid type cells (typically), you have to change all the parameters for LFP.
I have the 2724 and needed to go through and change all the charging parameters to work with LFP.

Sounds to me like you need to check on the battery charging parameters, these units come pre-programed for Lead-Acid type cells (typically), you have to change all the parameters for LFP.
I have the 2724 and needed to go through and change all the charging parameters to work with LFP.
Does yours go to float before it ever get a chance to bulk charge? I finally set my 2424 to Solar, Utility, battery for the dark winter days. It at least supplies some of my daytime loads with solar when sunny out.

Does yours go to float before it ever get a chance to bulk charge? I finally set my 2424 to Solar, Utility, battery for the dark winter days. It at least supplies some of my daytime loads with solar when sunny out.
Your manual has the information to set the charge profile up for your battery.
go into settings and #14 needs to be changed to user at that point #17,18,19 can be changed to your charge profile preferences

Back