diy solar

diy solar

Multi plus 2x120 24v version

Kretzer

Does anyone know if Victron is contemplating releasing a 2 x 120 V multi plus in a 24 V model? Trying to decide between a 12 V or 24 V battery system and I really like the 2 x 120 V multi plus so that is a consideration. Anybody in the know would be really cool as I can wait a year or so before I need my solar system

My guess is that if there is a 24V Multiplus-II for the US market, it'll be more like the 48V version than the 12V 2 x 120V version. But that is just pure speculation.

I am a bit confused. When I look on the Victron website on the section on the 2 x 120v there appears to be a 24 V version on the PDF download but does not really call out The 2 x 120 V capability. 24/3000/70-50 is what they call this multiplus. So is this thing just like the 2 x 120 V multi plus except for 24 V systems? Just starting out on my solar journey so this is a bit confusing. Any help or insight would be truly appreciated.

Yes that’s the one. I have heard on other sites that only the 12 V version was available that appears to now be old information.

Yes that’s the one. I have heard on other sites that only the 12 V version was available that appears to now be old information.
I just did a search and I can find the 12V and 48V for sale, but no 24V. Let's be sure to check back in here if anyone finds one.

I watched for the Multiplus II 24V version a good while. Finally gave up and went with a pair of MPII 48/3000.
They make a MPII 24/5000 for the EU market. I was really hoping it would make its way to the US.

I found that spec sheet a week ago or so and contacted AM Solar to see if they had a projected arrival date. They said Victron is telling them Q2, I have been holding off on an install in a Class A waiting for it so I will be watching this thread for updates.

Does anyone know if Victron is contemplating releasing a 2 x 120 V multi plus in a 24 V model? Trying to decide between a 12 V or 24 V battery system and I really like the 2 x 120 V multi plus so that is a consideration. Anybody in the know would be really cool as I can wait a year or so before I need my solar system
I traded emails with Victron US a month ago and was told that ‘the Multiplus II 120x2 48V will be the FIRST model to complete US certification testing.’

I asked about whether there were any plans underway or being contemplated to also certify a 24V Multiplus II 120x2 and never received a reply…

No I think it is current information. Victron is often quite slow to roll things out in the US. The fact that it showed up on a datasheet is positive, but unless you've seen it for sale somewhere in the states I wouldn't assume it is available, or will be available in the short term.

I just heard from my distributor here in Canada who informed me that Victron said the 24 V model would be available at the end of March. Here’s hoping given the supply chain issues out there

Reactions: Dzl
I just heard from my distributor here in Canada who informed me that Victron said the 24 V model would be available at the end of March. Here’s hoping given the supply chain issues out there
That is very different from what Victron US told me. Suggest you reach out to Victron yourself to hear whatever straight from the horses mouth…

They told me the version being released for the US this Spring will be 48V.

I reached out to Victron and they responded....
"no confirmed delivery but expecting end of 3rd qrt. I asked why they have on their website with no response?

I reached out to Victron and they responded....
"no confirmed delivery but expecting end of 3rd qrt. I asked why they have on their website with no response?
Were you inquiring about the 48V version or a 24V version?

24v version......some think the 48v will be available before the 24v.....seems that the the situation is quite dynamic. My bet is that they are deailign with supply chain issues and these things likely take chips.....lol.

24v version......some think the 48v will be available before the 24v.....seems that the the situation is quite dynamic. My bet is that they are deailign with supply chain issues and these things likely take chips.....lol.
I was told that only the 48V version has been submitted for UL approval so far (and will certainly be the first MuktiPlus II 120x2 model to be released in North America.

Did you contact Victron Europe or Victron North America (Rich Shea)?

Back