diy solar

diy solar

Multi plus 2x120 24v version

Meaning you own one?

I know they are out now and interested to understand whether we have any owners here in the Forum…
nope, not on my system but I'm seriously thinking of buying one
Slowly going blue as I can afford it

my response was for anyone interested but mainly directed towards
Any updates on availability yet?

nope, not on my system but I'm seriously thinking of buying one
Slowly going blue as I can afford it

my response was for anyone interested but mainly directed towards
Got it. Since you’re considering this model, perhaps you know something about about the capability I’m interested in:

I’m going to be getting a bidirectional EV charger supporting V2G when they become available next year.

Communicating with it’s energy monitor sensing the mains wires to the grid, that bidirectional charger should be able to output the needed split-phase power to offset loads (maintain grid consumption at 0W overnight).

I’m interested in connecting the bidirectional EV charger to the critical loads panel and so that means I need a hybrid inverter that will pass-through AC power generated on the output side (critical loads panel) to the input side (main panel) without generating a fault (assuming currents and power levels below appropriate maximums).

It seems like when on-grid with 50A transfer switches closed, the Multiplus 2 120x2 will pass power both ways but I’m interested confirm that before buying

Got it. Since you’re considering this model, perhaps you know something about about the capability I’m interested in:

I’m going to be getting a bidirectional EV charger supporting V2G when they become available next year.

Communicating with it’s energy monitor sensing the mains wires to the grid, that bidirectional charger should be able to output the needed split-phase power to offset loads (maintain grid consumption at 0W overnight).

I’m interested in connecting the bidirectional EV charger to the critical loads panel and so that means I need a hybrid inverter that will pass-through AC power generated on the output side (critical loads panel) to the input side (main panel) without generating a fault (assuming currents and power levels below appropriate maximums).

It seems like when on-grid with 50A transfer switches closed, the Multiplus 2 120x2 will pass power both ways but I’m interested confirm that before buying
I can't answer that,
Suggest you email Dexter at Current Connected

I can't answer that,
Suggest you email Dexter at Current Connected
Will do if I get desperate but I’m always happier to get information from customers/users rather than vendors.

Victron always takes a long time to respond to my emails but that’s also probably a good idea…

Hey all - reviving this thread in search of information whether or not there is a Multi plus 2x120 48v version releasing in the US anytime soon? Does anyone know anything new?

Hey all - reviving this thread in search of information whether or not there is a Multi plus 2x120 48v version releasing in the US anytime soon? Does anyone know anything new?
Also wondering if this is on a roadmap

So to clarify, the 120x2 passes thru 240V split phase from the grid, when grid goes out it supplies 120V on same phase to both L1 and L2? So this is mostly for mobile applications where you aren't running 240V appliances? But to maximize the 120V output?

So to clarify, the 120x2 passes thru 240V split phase from the grid, when grid goes out it supplies 120V on same phase to both L1 and L2? So this is mostly for mobile applications where you aren't running 240V appliances? But to maximize the 120V output?
No, if connected to 240v (like 50a rv) it passes that split phase thru but if connected to 120v (like 30a rv) or inverter it powers both legs on same phase so its 120v.

Yes it's for RVs where there isn't really 240v appliances and variable power input since not all CGs have 50amp. I'm assuming since the only real appliance an RV would have is a dryer that the owner would know not to turn on.

I do wonder how dangerous it is to have 240v appliances wired up on both legs 120v but single phase.

Back