diy solar

diy solar

multiple shunts

Smokey

Im currently running 12v and using Victron a BMV 712 to as the primary BMS, with a Cerbo GX. I'm plan to change to 24v, when I tie in the solar, inverters, ect. I'll be installing a lynx shunt as the primary 24v system, and would like to use the 712 as a 12v "DC system" monitor since I'll have a buffer battery on it also. Is this possible to display on the Cerbo?
Edit: The 24v packs are DIY so a BMS for these packs could also be explored. looking into Batrium or REC, otherwise i'll be using 24v daly's

do you have a sketch at how you plan to connect a 24v system and a 12v system?

Also what’s the need for the 12v system. Is this an RV van life?

While I've not explored my Cerbo GX enough to see if it would support two shunts, I don't see why it would. It's designed to give an overall state of charge view of the system. A second shunt would seem like it would just confuse it. Then again, the Victron engineers are pretty smart and maybe they have support for that in the device already.

The 12 volt side won't be used to provide power back to the 24 volt side, right? I would think that using the BMV712 as an isolated reporting device would be the way to go.

While I've not explored my Cerbo GX enough to see if it would support two shunts, I don't see why it would. It's designed to give an overall state of charge view of the system. A second shunt would seem like it would just confuse it. Then again, the Victron engineers are pretty smart and maybe they have support for that in the device already.

The 12 volt side won't be used to provide power back to the 24 volt side, right? I would think that using the BMV712 as an isolated reporting device would be the way to go.

that's kind of what I'm thinking on all accounts, with the 24v only feeding the 12v side via some form of Orion/s, this isn't my system diagram but same concept feeding the 12v. I'll probably end up like you said, and just use the 712 independently

Attachments

• Quatrro wireing.jpg
    Quatrro wireing.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 14
do you have a sketch at how you plan to connect a 24v system and a 12v system?

Also what’s the need for the 12v system. Is this an RV van life?
The system is going into a large 5th wheel camper, so native systems are all 12v

Back