diy solar

diy solar

Need backup to my backup plan.

vriosiii

I am waiting on the RMA process for my 2 shorted 6500ex. I need some advice on a backup inverter to keep two mini spits working on my battery/solar setup. Thinking of getting Growatt 6k or eg4 6000 (I need spit phase). Any advice or thoughts are much appreciated.

Some more information.... Currently running on grid power, but I have 6 eg4 batteries and 12k of solar just idle. Does having a back make sense or just a waste of money?

Never hurts to have a backup plan, or even a backup of a backup.

How much power do you need just for the mini splits? What about 2 EG4 3ks?

I guess Sig Solar doesn't have an advance replacement option?
My opinion is since you have grid available, that's your backup.

and yes I guess the grid is the backup, but it just seems wasteful having all that south texas sun and no way to harvest it. It is cheaper to just wait on replacements than to spend more on extra equipment.

and yes I guess the grid is the backup, but it just seems wasteful having all that south texas sun and no way to harvest it. It is cheaper to just wait on replacements than to spend more on extra equipment.
Yeah it is cheaper. I know how much it stinks going through the long process and waiting for things to be shipped and returned.

I am waiting on the RMA process for my 2 shorted 6500ex. I need some advice on a backup inverter to keep two mini spits working on my battery/solar setup. Thinking of getting Growatt 6k or eg4 6000 (I need spit phase). Any advice or thoughts are much appreciated.
$400 big box 5kw generator

going to say in the long run - or medium - or even short just use the grid ... it will only be a couple of dollars a day and that will prevent you from having to purchase additional equipment, load and unload, hang and unhang - you get the point ...

I would stay on top of SS if thats where you got them from -- seems that their turnaround time is very slow so I would literally call daily for an update ...

I took the upgrade offer on the 18kpv and mounted it opposite my meter and i am leaving the 6500's in place as "backup".

$400 big box 5kw generator

If your going to do a generator then I would suggest a 8-10KW Duromax .... maybe even dual fuel ... if you don't already have a generator then THATS a great backup for when you get your solar stuff back up -- and even if you have the GRID as a backup -- then the generator is a good backup to a backup ...

And generators are cheap now because all of these Hurricanes that the manufacturers were expecting did not show up yet ... so they are stacked to the walls ..

check Amazon ...

BUT again -- and I am all for the generator -- just get a larger one ... but for the time being - GRID TIME

Thank you for all your advice. As time and money permit, I might pick up an EG4 3k(or 2) or that lv6048 as a backup to the backup. I could feed it into to load center with the breaker off until needed right?

Back