diy solar

diy solar

Need help with PowMr 3000W 24V Solar Inverter Charger parameters settings

I do like all the responses to the posts on this thread, not only is it helpful to me and my situation, but probably somewhat to each of you to some degree. The more I read and study, the more intrigued I become and the more I realize that their is no limit to all the possibilities in solar energy production.
what are parameters 04 and 05
04​
Battery Power to Utility Setpoint​
23.0V (Default)​
Setting voltage point back to utility source when selecting “SBU” in Program {01}. When the voltage of the battery is lower than this setting, the output switches from inverting to the utility (generator). The setting range is from 22c – 26-v in 0.2v increments.​
05​
Utility to Battery Power Setpoint​
{05} 28.0v (Default)​
Setting voltage point back to battery mode when selecting “SBU” in Program {01}. When the battery voltage is higher than the setting value, the output is switched from the utility to the battery mode. The setting range is 24V – 30V, in 0.2V increments * Cannot be higher than setting in {14}​
...according to the manual, that is.

Reactions: mib
The CHINS Inverter started doing weird things so I set it back to where it was. It appears that my batteries, TCBWorth, don't like those settings. I have tried to get the parameter info from them but got no response.

My inverter shows battery 24.9v now. (15% capacity) but my battery has still got 46% capacity ... my BMS shows 3,15v per cell (x8)=25.2v (100ah 24v )
Because my inverter is on battery load the voltage drops dependant on variation in the load.
So the inverter is showing the battery voltage under load and not battery capacity left in AH's

Therefore I think (26) 3.25v on the inverter is high probably still got 60ah left in the battery

Last edited:
The CHINS Inverter started doing weird things so I set it back to where it was. It appears that my batteries, TCBWorth, don't like those settings. I have tried to get the parameter info from them but got no response.
Like I said previously, I am impressed and grateful with the correspondence from Chins. Not so much with PowMr, as the only response I received was to set the Battery Type as "User". Big Deal ?

@LSC I have the same situation in my new, first experimental system ("P28 is coming from the grid and it is only tied to a 20A breaker right now."). So, I set the max current to 20A thinking it is the limit on the current taken from AC. But I found it was taking for ever to charge the battery (I shut it off since my solar panels, used ones from Santander, had only OC of 32.4V and op. vol. of 28.4 and was not charging as MPPT vol range was 30 to 100. But then when I put two in series, still it did not charge and vol total was only 32.4V. My panels are on the ground with shadows from building etc.). So, I am wondering if this number (that you and I set as 20A), refers to the battery charging current OR the current drawn from the AC. Right now, I have just two 12.6 vol LiFeP4 batteries in series, each, 100 Ah (Eco-Worthy batteries). -- So, at 20A battery charging current, two batteries should have been charged in 10 hours. And at 20A grid current, just two hours (approximate - You have RMS value for the AC etc.) which did not happen.
So, 20A is AC current or DC battery charging current? TIA

Thank you guys for this post. I’m new and following as I have just set up a 3000 watt Powmr system. No pv yet but 2 100ah batts. I’m just trying to follow one of y’all’s setups and get my feet wet into all this new technology. Thanks will continue to follow and hope to get the right setting for me.

Attachments

• IMG_5845.jpeg
    IMG_5845.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 3
Back