diy solar

diy solar

Need help with PowMr 3000W 24V Solar Inverter Charger parameters settings

Chri5co63

Hello again,

We recently purchased 4 Chins 12v 200ah batteries to be connected in 2S/2P configuration to be charged with a PowMr 3000w 24v Solar Inverter Charger. These batteries will be installed in place of 4 12v Gel batteries (2S/2P). After spending $2500+ for the upgrade, I want to make certain to setup the Charging Parameters in the PowMr correctly. As per suggestion before installing the batteries, we fully charged each battery to 100% with a Lithium Smart charger.

Chins sent us the following parameters for our system, but we feel after going through all the possible parameter settings for the PowMr unit, there may be more parameter recommendations needed. The following is the list of parameter received from Chins:

You will connect four 12.8V 200AH batteries in the way of 2S2P, and the new battery pack will reach 25.6V 400AH
The setting method of MPPT and inverter of 25.6V 400AH lithium iron phosphate battery pack is as follows:
Charging:
Charging Limit Voltage: 28.4V
Over Voltage Disconnect Voltage: 29.2V
Over Voltage Reconnect Voltage: 27.6V
Float Charging Voltage: 27.6V
Discharging:
Low Voltage Disconnect Voltage: 23.2V
Low Voltage Reconnect Voltage: 24.8V
Under Voltage Warning Voltage: 25.6V
2S2P.jpg
From the possible parameter settings on the PowMr unit, the following is a list of the ones that we'd like to have recommendations for:

PowMr 3000W 24V Solar Inverter Charger parameters list:

[08] Battery Type Choices: User-defined LF07 LF08 LF09 (number correspond to # of strings) NCA (ternary lithium battery)
[09] Boost Charge Voltage (_________V, Boost charge voltage setting range is 24V - 29.2V, in 0.2V increments)
[10] Boost Charge Duration (_________min, with a range of 5min to 900min)
[11] Float Charge Voltage (Chins recommended 27.6V) (Set range of 24V - 29V, in 0.2V increments)
[12] Low Voltage Disconnect (Chins recommended 23.2V) (It is recommended to set this voltage BELOW the maximum voltage the battery can withstand. When this voltage is reached, the loads will be powered on after the time delay adjustable in Parameter 13)
[13] Battery Over-discharged Delay Time (________sec, range is 5-50 sec in 5sec increments) (This parameter sets the delay-time after the battery voltage is below the setpoint in Parameter 12 is reached)
[14] Battery Under-voltage Alarm (Chins recommended 25.6V) (Warning that the battery is reaching Low Voltage, range is 20V to 26V in 0.2V increments)
[15] Battery Discharge Limit Voltage (_______V, range is 20 to 26V in 0.2V increments) (When the battery voltage goes below the voltage set-point, the inverter will immediately disconnect and shut down immediately)
[16] Set Equalization Charging (Enabled or Disabled?) (Enables or disables Equalization charging)
[17] Battery Equalization Voltage (_______V, if Parameter 16 is enabled, range is 24V to 29V in 0.2V increments)
[18] Battery Equalization Duration (_______min, if Parameter 16 is enabled, setting range 5min to 900min )
[19] Battery Equalization Time-delay (______min, if Parameter 16 is enabled, setting range 5min to 900min)
[20] Equalization Interval (______days, if Parameter 16 is enabled, setting range is 0 days to 30 days)
[21] Enable Equalization Immediately (Enabled or Disabled?) (Starts or Stops Equalization charging immediately)
[22] Power-saving Mode (Enabled or Disabled?) (if enabled, if the load is null or less than 50W, the inverter output is turned off after a delay for a certain period of time. when the output load is more than 50W, the inverter will automatic start)
[28] Maximum AC Charging Current (_______A, in amps, range is 0 - 40A)
[35] Low Voltage Disconnect Recovery (Chins recommended 24.8V) (This set-point that recovers and reconnects the solar inverter from being disconnected in Low Voltage Disconnect. The range is 20V - 27V, in 0.2V increments)
[36] PV Charging Current (now set at 60A, range is 0 - 60A)
[37] Battery Charging Boost Return Setpoint (______V, in volts, when the battery reaches floating status, it will need to be lower than this setpoint before it starts charging. The range is the (Under-voltage Warning ~ (Floating Voltage-1.2V) for the respective battery)

Also, in the manual for the PowMr unit, we found the following table for Lithium Battery Parameters (as follows):
PowMr Lithium Battery Parameter page.jpg
One puzzling factor for us is in the terminology differences between Chins parameters and PowMr parameters, i.e.. PowMr calls for
"Boost Charge Voltage", but Chins does not list that as such (unless their term for it is "Charging Limit Voltage" (?)) .

We have reached out to both PowMr and Chins for recommendations as to what settings should be inputted for each of the parameters in the unit, but so far have only received a recommendation from the Technical Support for PowMr to set the [08] Battery Type parameter as USER, so that all other parameters can be setup as User-defined.

Is there anyone in this forum that can please help us determine what setting to use for each of the parameters for the PowMr unit?

We are fairly new at this (and are still learning the many technicalities of off-grid power), but have been using our current setup with the Gel batteries fairly successfully since last summer and our recent stumbling across this forum and the videos we've watched on YouTube have helped considerably in our journey with this.

Thanks in advance!

I do not have the thread links but I did copy these for my own information into a text file and I’ll post that here:
@MichaelK:
Proper Charger Profile for LFP

Absorb: 13.8V for 30 minutes (3.45vpc) (some call this boost) Absorb Time = 10 Minutes per 100AH.

Equalize: OFF

Float 13.75.0V (3.437vpc)

MIn Volts: 10.6 (2.650vpc) (never let the cells drop to 2.50 as you may be unable to restart the BMS due to Low Volt.)

Max Volts: 14.3V (3.575vpc)

Rebulk Voltage: 12.8V (3.200vpc) Cell Nominal Voltage - 50% SOC

End Amps: 15.2A. (*1)

(*1): End Amps is calculated (100AH X 0.05 = 5A)

EndAmps = TailCurrent

Coulumbic Efficiency / Battery Status Meter Efficiency for LFP = 99%.

There is no Temp Compensation for Lithium Chemistries.

NB: LFP Cannot be charged below 0C/32F temp. Optimal Temp is 25C/77F and that is when you'll get optimal output.

@Sunshine _eggo
Bulk/boost/absorption (three names for same voltage): 13.8-14.6V

Duration of above cycle ("boost duration", etc.): 30 minutes at 14.6V to 120 minutes at 13.8V

Float: 13.5 preferred, 13.6-13.8V tolerable

Equalization set to same as bulk/boost/absorption OR disabled.

Don’t get hung up on precisely conformant details. What it boils down to is the charge and storage performance characteristics of LiFePo batteries. The numbers from Chins are essentially the same as what I quoted from @MichaelK and @sunshine_eggo due to the characteristics of individual cells regardless of final series/parallel voltages arranged in the paks.

The other settings of ‘eco’ have to do with when and what happens at idle- it shuts down so idle consumption is reduced.

I do not have the thread links but I did copy these for my own information into a text file and I’ll post that here:

Don’t get hung up on precisely conformant details. What it boils down to is the charge and storage performance characteristics of LiFePo batteries. The numbers from Chins are essentially the same as what I quoted from @MichaelK and @sunshine_eggo due to the characteristics of individual cells regardless of final series/parallel voltages arranged in the paks.

The other settings of ‘eco’ have to do with when and what happens at idle- it shuts down so idle consumption is reduced.
Thank you. The text file info helps, but I will be ending up with a 24v system, so I'm not sure that the parameters you've listed would work (unless I just double all your figures).

Your unit looks identicle to many other SRNE, EAsun models for settings.

#8 Battery choice sets other parameters for charging defaults. It is all explained in the Manual if you thoroughly read the description for each. Since you are using two 4 cell 12v batteries in series to get the 24v nominal this makes a 8S arrangement. Thus you choose LF08 for battery type.
By and large stick to the default choices depending on your needs. You can tweak down the 28.8v boost default to the Chins recommended 28.4v With lithium LF08 chosen you do not have any setting for battery equalization that are in effect. Lithium batteries do not need that.

Battery low voltage and alarm settings are a bit of a personal choice since if you allow this to be too low you can trip the battery BMS on low voltage and need to rest them. The settings that really need you to decide on is the Transfer to utility (AC in) and Back to Battery ones #4 and #5. I run my similar AIO at 25v to Utility and back at 26.6v. I choose this to try and maximize the use of PV over grid.

Power save mode turns off AC out if you have less than a 50 watt load. It checks every 30 seconds to see if a sufficient load has become available and cycles back on AC output. It can be problematic if you have light loads.

#37 Battery recovery setpoint. This voltage after the unit has gone through a full charge cycle is the point that when the battery voltage drops below it begins the charging cycle all over. For me I choose the 26.6v amount.
Thank you for your response. The "Utility" that we are using is a 9500 watt portable generator, that does not come on automatically (we have to manually start it as needed). We are completely off-grid. So would we be safe in running the same parameters as you do for #4 and #5, (25v and 26.6v, respectively as well)?

I guess another question that it boils down to (and perhaps it has already been answered in the responses to my original post (I'll have to re-read them) is, are there any parameters that I should completely avoid inputting that would ultimately be detrimental to the batteries?

Also, in reference to @sunshine_eggo's posted parameters as stated from 12VoltInstalls response, if I double all voltage figures for a 24v system, do I also double all time figures, i.e. Duration of cycle ("boost duration") 30 minutes at 14.6v to 120 minutes at 13.8v? Which with doubling would become 60 minutes at 29.2v to 240 minutes at 27.6v. (??)

Time of charging is related to amp hours and C rate so I would surmise doubling would be fine but I may be all wet?

Post deleted.
ref this link for the discharge curve of Lithium batteries
Note that maximum voltage 29.2v if divided by the number of cells equates to 3.65 volts per cell maximum voltage
So boost/max charge rate 28v =3.5v per cell. I have been advised to set at about 3.45v per cell.... being gentle and not stressing the battery to 100%
Batteries rest at about 27volts=3.7v per cell so float at about this level.
Note at rest a battery is also 100% charged at 3.7v per cell. This does not mean the capacity is 100%, hence the duration/ soak time for boost voltage.
battery about 20% charged at 25.6v =3.2v per cell, .... most comments to me have suggested not allowing battery much lower.

The inverter does not know what life is left in the battery, so the low voltage"cut offs" which transfer source power to either genie or utility are a little guess work. I have set on my inverter as low as 23.5v but then the battery BMS has tripped due to low voltage exceeded on battery.. It is partly dependant on the load being pulled as higher load increases the voltage drop which lowers the Battery voltage.
Another consideration is that after the sun dies on solar charging to the battery, the battery still needs to maintain the inverter rest load.
This can be approx 30 watts@240vac (1 to 2amps per hour at 24v) for possibly 10-15hrs. ... approx 10-15% of a 100ah battery. Therefore the Low voltage stop needs to be set to allow for this duration.
Battery voltage re-start... the voltage the battery can again be used as a source. I set as a similar voltage to the low voltage stop. If this voltage is set higher about 27v then the battery will not re-start until that voltage is seen the following day.. But the voltage may only have dropped below the set voltage for a few seconds ...microwave on etc.... setting it low would facilitate this and kick the battery in again.
Low Low voltage cut off I set around 22.5v,
It is worth setting all these values when looking at the actual cell voltage levels and the effects of change on the Battery BMS itself

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Time of charging is related to amp hours and C rate so I would surmise doubling would be fine but I may be all wet?
Ok. Thanks. Terminology is certainly a stumbling block for me. Would "Charging Limit Voltage" (Chins terminology), be the same as "Equalizing Charge Voltage", or "Boost Charge Voltage" (all of which are PowMr terminologies)?

BTW, Umbrellas work great (if you think you may be all wet :sneaky:).

30 minutes at 14.6v to 120 minutes at 13.8v? Which with doubling would become 60 minutes at 29.2v to 240 minutes at 27.6v. (??)
I think I would leave the times alone. I think they are good for 12 or 24 volt system.
This is a setting you can come back to later and play with.

I don't think I would try charging to 14.6 though

Batteries rest at about 27volts=3.7v per cell so float at about this level.
27v/8cells=3.375v per cell.

Battery fully charged is 27.2v resting. This particular model AIO does not use a float charge setting when battery is set as Lithium. it only has the float setting when set as user defined (Use)

In the end the OP needs to tinker a bit to find out which settings beyond the default work out best for him. Best charging practices have to be adapted to using a solar setup.

Last edited:
Ok. Thanks. Terminology is certainly a stumbling block for me. Would "Charging Limit Voltage" (Chins terminology), be the same as "Equalizing Charge Voltage", or "Boost Charge Voltage" (all of which are PowMr terminologies)?

BTW, Umbrellas work great (if you think you may be all wet :sneaky:).
I believe Equalizing voltage is applicable to lead acid batteries.. Not Lithium, so leave blank.
You also mentioned charge duration, I think this is more applicable to a battery which is not being utilised 24/7. Which need s charging prior to use,,, golf battery... Off grid batteries are continually charging .discharging.

Ok. This is what I've come up with....

The following is a list of all needed parameters for the setup of the PowMr 3000W 24V Solar Inverter Charger unit. The portions highlighted in RED are the settings that I plan on using after reading through all the comments to my original post as well as others that were referenced within. If there are any additional comments or concerns with the following configuration, PLEASE let me know soon as I plan on installing either later today or tomorrow.

08 Battery Type (LF08)

09 Boost Charge Voltage (Chins recommended 28.4V), (if assuming terminology for Boost Charge Voltage=Charging Limit Voltage

10 Boost Charge Duration (120min) (if this is even adjustable with in specified Battery Type of LF08)

11 Float Charge Voltage (Chins recommended 27.6V)

12 Low Voltage Disconnect (Chins recommended 23.2V)

13 Battery Over-discharged Delay Time (30sec)

14 Battery Under-voltage Alarm (Chins recommended 25.6V)

15 Battery Discharge Limit Voltage (23.0 v)

16 Set Equalization Charging (DISABLED)

17 Battery Equalization Voltage (N/A)

18 Battery Equalization Duration (N/A)

19 Battery Equalization Time-delay (N/A)

20 Equalization Interval (N/A)

21 Enable Equalization Immediately (DISABLED)

22 Power-saving Mode (ENABLED)

28 Maximum AC Charging Current (40a)

35 Low Voltage Disconnect Recovery (Chins recommended 24.8V)

36 PV Charging Current (60A)

37 Battery Charging Boost Return Setpoint (26.4V)

I find that in the following, there is a discrepancy between Chins recommended setting and PowMr settings in Rule #3. Which would be the best voltage input to use?

The PowMr Inverter Charger Technical Manual adds:

When modifying parameters in User Mode or Lithium, the following rules must be followed to set parameters successfully.

1. Overcharge Disconnect is greater than Over-Voltage Disconnect is greater than or equal to Equalization voltage is greater than or equal to Boost voltage is greater than or equal to Float voltage
  2. Over Voltage Disconnect is greater than Over-Voltage Disconnect Recover
  3. Low Voltage Disconnect Recover is greater than Low Voltage Disconnect (at least 2V smaller) is less than Discharge Limit Voltage **(Discrepancy here: Chins recommends Low Voltage Disconnect Recover (“Reconnect”) at 24.8v and Low Voltage Disconnect at 23.2v, (only 1.6v smaller not 2V as suggested)
  4. Undervoltage Recover is greater than Undervoltage Alarm
**Note: If setting the Low Voltage Disconnect in User Mode, it must always be at least 2V lower than the Low Voltage Disconnect Recovery Voltage.

I look forward to hearing from you all....

09. Boost / max charge 28.4 means you are charging first stage to 3.55 volts per cell near maximum.
10. Don't know if this is applicable as continually being charged / discharged
11. Float voltage is higher than rest voltage, so i don't think it well ever happen...But lithium does not need float voltage ..applicable to lead acid
12. 14, 15 ....reference the BMS voltage on the battery when setting these.. Also consider duration after sun drops to sun up... my inverter consumes internal power from battery..@ 1amp per hour.. battery will need to have sufficient capacity to last the night without cutting out on low BMS voltage...
I don't have a POWMR but, Will the inverter even run from a genie if the battery is locked out under voltage.?
22. ?
28. What does the battery say about maximum charge current.
35. If the battery is locked out due to under voltage how do you re-charge it to 24.8v without a power source?
36.Max PV charging current is based from your pv amperage..????
37. Battery will start re-charging after it has depleted to 26.4v(70% capacity)

I am new to Solar but have already come up with some problems associated to the above low voltage settings... The most critical been associated to when to cut the battery off and revert back to grid.. On two occassions i have had the house in darkness because the battery has locked out due to putting to low voltage settings in. When I have come to rectify the issues i have found my battery BMS shows an individual cell voltage below 2.8 v(x8 =22.4v) and the other cells at 3.1v (x7=21.7) +2.8=24.5v even though the inverter is showing 23.5v.... The 1 cell tripped the battery.
So be very careful how low you and compare with the battery BMS. ( I have Blue tooth bms so i can see the actual battery conditions)

Low Voltage Disconnect Recover is greater than Low Voltage Disconnect (at least 2V smaller) is less than Discharge Limit Voltage **(Discrepancy here: Chins recommends Low Voltage Disconnect Recover (“Reconnect”) at 24.8v and Low Voltage Disconnect at 23.2v, (only 1.6v smaller not 2V as suggested).......
So the inverter cuts out at 23.2v then can be used as source again after it has reached minimum 24.8v.... sounds ok

Last edited:
Reactions: mib
I have the CHINS 3000W Inverter and here is what the manual shows for it's settings. Some of the settings you show for CHINS are different than my manual so not sure what is going on there and the reason for posting this. Now I am confused. CHINS Manual in RED. Values in RED are the default values in the manual.

04 Battery Power to Utility Setpoint,
23.0V

05 Utility to Battery Power Setpoint,
28.0V

07 Max Charger Current, 40A (My Choice) (Default 80A) (AC charger + PV Charger)

08 Battery Type (LF08) SAME

09 Boost Charge Voltage (Chins recommended 28.4V), (if assuming terminology for Boost Charge Voltage=Charging Limit Voltage 28.8V

10 Boost Charge Duration (120min) (if this is even adjustable with in specified Battery Type of LF08) SAME

11 Float Charge Voltage (Chins recommended 27.6V) SAME

12 Low Voltage Disconnect (Chins recommended 23.2V) 21.0V

13 Battery Over-discharged Delay Time (30sec) 5 Sec

14 Battery Under-voltage Alarm (Chins recommended 25.6V) 22.0V

15 Battery Discharge Limit Voltage (23.0 v) 20.0V

16 Set Equalization Charging (DISABLED) SAME

17 Battery Equalization Voltage (N/A) SAME

18 Battery Equalization Duration (N/A) SAME

19 Battery Equalization Time-delay (N/A) SAME

20 Equalization Interval (N/A) SAME

21 Enable Equalization Immediately (DISABLED) SAME

22 Power-saving Mode (ENABLED) SAME

28 Maximum AC Charging Current (40a) 20A (My Choice) (Default 80A)

35 Low Voltage Disconnect Recovery (Chins recommended 24.8V) 27.0V

36 PV Charging Current (60A) 20A (My Choice) (Default 60A)

37 Battery Charging Boost Return Setpoint (26.4V) 26.0V

Last edited:
OK, Ok, Ok...This just in....

Uh oh...
Note: This just in from Chins (in [GREEN]) I kept their original values in (RED).

(I must say, Chins pulled through with our inquiry to them above and beyond as they responded with more parameters than what we asked for.
There are a couple of voltage recommendations that came in different to the original recommendation received from them, but overall, we are grateful that they have responded quite well...)

01 Load Working Mode [2-16-2023 Chins recommends: SOL]

02 Output Frequency [2-16-2023 Chins recommends:
60hz]

03 AC Input Voltage Range
[2-16-2023 Chins recommends: UPS]

04 Battery Power to Utility Setpoint [2-16-2023 Chins recommends: 23.2v]

05 Utility to Battery Power Setpoint [2-16-2023 Chins recommends:
27.6v]

06 Battery Charging Mode [2-16-2023 Chins recommends: SNU]

07 Maximum Charging Current [2-16-2023 Chins recommends: 40A (0.2C)]

08 Battery Type (LF08) [2-16-2023 Chins recommends: LF08]

09 Boost Charge Voltage (Chins recommended 28.4V) [2-16-2023 Chins recommends: 28.4v]

10 Boost Charge Duration (120min) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: 120min]

11 Float Charge Voltage (Chins recommended 27.6V) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: 28.4v] {Values DO NOT =}

12 Low Voltage Disconnect (Chins recommended 23.2V) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: 22v]

13 Battery Over-discharged Delay Time (30sec) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: 5 sec (Default)] {Values DO NOT =}

14 Battery Under-voltage Alarm (Chins recommended 25.6V) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: 24.8v] {Values DO NOT =}

15 Battery Discharge Limit Voltage (23.0 v) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: 22.2v] {Values DO NOT =}

16 Set Equalization Charging (DISABLED) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: DISABLED]

17 Battery Equalization Voltage (N/A) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: N/A]

18 Battery Equalization Duration (N/A) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: N/A]

19 Battery Equalization Time-delay (N/A) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: N/A]

20 Equalization Interval (N/A) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: N/A]

21 Enable Equalization Immediately (DISABLED) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: DISABLED]

22 Power-saving Mode (ENABLED) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: ENABLED]

23 Overload Auto-start (ENABLED) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: ENABLED]

24 Overtemperature Auto-start (ENABLED) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: ENABLED]

25 Buzzer Alarm (ENABLED) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: ENABLED]

26 Alarm (ENABLED) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: ENABLED]

27 Overload Bypass (ENABLED) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: ENABLED]

28 Maximum AC Charging Current (40A) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: 40A, (0.2C)]

35 Low Voltage Disconnect Recovery (Chins recommended 24.8V) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: 25.6v]

36 PV Charging Current (60A) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: 40A] *** I will remain with 60A here***

37 Battery Charging Boost Return Setpoint (26.4V) [2-16-23 Chins recommends: 27.8v] {Values DO NOT =}

I find that in the following, there is a discrepancy between Chins recommended setting and PowMr settings in Rule #3. Which would be the best voltage input to use?

The PowMr Inverter Charger Technical Manual adds:

When modifying parameters in User Mode or Lithium, the following rules must be followed to set parameters successfully.

1. Overcharge Disconnect is greater than Over-Voltage Disconnect is greater than or equal to Equalization voltage is greater than or equal to Boost voltage is greater than or equal to Float voltage
  2. Over Voltage Disconnect is greater than Over-Voltage Disconnect Recover
  3. Low Voltage Disconnect Recover is greater than Low Voltage Disconnect (at least 2V smaller) is less than Discharge Limit Voltage **(Discrepancy here: Chins recommends Low Voltage Disconnect Recover (“Reconnect”) at 24.8v and Low Voltage Disconnect at 23.2v, (only 1.6v smaller not 2V as suggested) *** (New Discrepancy here: Chins 2-16-23 recommendation is for Low Voltage Disconnect Recover (“Reconnect”) at 25.6v and Low Voltage Disconnect at 22v, ( which now makes for a 3.6v smaller voltage, not 2V as suggested)
  4. Undervoltage Recover is greater than Undervoltage Alarm

I have the CHINS 3000W Inverter and here is what the manual shows for it's settings. Some of the settings you show for CHINS are different than my manual so not sure what is going on there and the reason for posting this. Now I am confused. CHINS Manual in RED. Values in RED are the default values in the manual.

04 Battery Power to Utility Setpoint, 23.0V

05 Utility to Battery Power Setpoint, 28.0V

07 Max Charger Current, 40A (My Choice) (Default 80A) (AC charger + PV Charger)

08 Battery Type (LF08) SAME

09 Boost Charge Voltage (Chins recommended 28.4V), (if assuming terminology for Boost Charge Voltage=Charging Limit Voltage 28.8V

10 Boost Charge Duration (120min) (if this is even adjustable with in specified Battery Type of LF08) SAME

11 Float Charge Voltage (Chins recommended 27.6V) SAME

12 Low Voltage Disconnect (Chins recommended 23.2V) 21.0V

13 Battery Over-discharged Delay Time (30sec) 5 Sec

14 Battery Under-voltage Alarm (Chins recommended 25.6V) 22.0V

15 Battery Discharge Limit Voltage (23.0 v) 20.0V

16 Set Equalization Charging (DISABLED) SAME

17 Battery Equalization Voltage (N/A) SAME

18 Battery Equalization Duration (N/A) SAME

19 Battery Equalization Time-delay (N/A) SAME

20 Equalization Interval (N/A) SAME

21 Enable Equalization Immediately (DISABLED) SAME

22 Power-saving Mode (ENABLED) SAME

28 Maximum AC Charging Current (40a) 20A (My Choice) (Default 80A)

35 Low Voltage Disconnect Recovery (Chins recommended 24.8V) 27.0V

36 PV Charging Current (60A) 20A (My Choice) (Default 60A)

37 Battery Charging Boost Return Setpoint (26.4V) 26.0V
Curious about your choices for Parameters 28 and 36.

P28 is coming from the grid and it is only tied to a 20A breaker right now.
P36 could be set to 60A (Default) but the current is coming in slightly lower from the PV as it is configured in my array. I will be adding more solar to increase the input current.

But with all these values what the heck do we set our parameters to??

Back