diy solar

diy solar

Need help with wiring distribution panel (bonded vs non bonded)

s0l4rn00b

I'm starting run my wiring for my setup in a skoolie (school bus tiny home). After doing some research I'm now completely confused on how I should wire my distribution panel, and whether or not I need to bond neutral with ground or wire them on separate bus bars. Below is my system for better understanding of my setup:

2200 W Solar Panels
48v SOK or EG4 Batteries (2)
Victron Charge Controller
Victron Multiplus II (3000w/48v) Inverter/Charger

Backup Generator - Honda 2200i

One note - I'm not planning on having any sort of a/b switch for shore power, rather I'll always be using the Multiplus for powering my 110/120v needs. Shore power and generator will mainly be used to charging batteries (via Multiplus) when sun isn't the best or to simply run my mini split separately from the main system.

So the question is, do I need to bond my neutral and ground wires in my panel or is it best to keep them separate?

So the question is, do I need to bond my neutral and ground wires in my panel or is it best to keep them separate?
Leave them separate, but you will probably need to get a bonding plug to add to the generator. (I am 99% sure the Honda generators does not have an NG bond)

Back