diy solar

diy solar

Needing a 16S Smart BMS with Low/High volt signal for external solenoid...

MCJEFE

I would like to find a 16S Smart BMS that will control an external solenoid or contactor to isolate the pack, rather than a circuit board mounted FET or contactor.

I was running a Zeva BMS in my cart which is using an Gigavac contactor to isolate the pack. I would like to continue to use this type of a setup rather than the typical BMS FET control.

Any help would be appreciated.

The latter two JK models are relay type. I do believe that the cell count can be less than 24 but confirm this. They have excellent 2 or 5 amp built in smart balancers too. Eel battery may be able to obtain this for you. Contact Howard though the site he’s really good at getting back to you. 5BA7B9CD-1651-4C91-96F5-96BB9C97FF21.png

Last edited:
Those two JK’s may or may not include the relay( likely not) since the current isn’t mentioned. I think they may actually have provisions for two external relay controls, charge and discharge. I’d seen a diagram somewhere and it made me wonder but didn’t dwell on it.

The 200A or 300A JBD model is a decent choice. I recommend changing the 4 gauge cable to something larger like 2/0 if you plan to actually pull high current through it.

JBD 200A 7S-20S BMS

Back