diy solar

diy solar

Neey active balancer equalizer hack needed

I’m sorry that some of you guys are having problems. Since I’ve been running the new app it’s been flawless. I seem to be running the same hardware but newer version app. The only minor issue is the capacity(ah) can’t be changed but it doesn’t seem to matter

Thanks for posting pictures of Neey app. Hardware version 2.8.0 may we'll be the latest "generation 3" version as it became available Nov 2021. Can you show us a picture of your app numbers when pack voltage at full charge (?55-56V) and what delta V is and whether you can turn off balancing by increasing startVol and also check if you can turn balance off/on with run balance toggle?

I don’t think it’ll reach full state of charge today because we’re having to use a lot of AC so I won’t be able to show the screen shot you want for a day or two. I leave the “StartVol” alone because it doesn’t seem to do much and it’s fickle to change. Leave it at default. “EqualizationVol” is where it turns on and “SleepVol” is where it shuts off. My batteries are 620ah (2P X 16Cell configuration). Balancing is fast if they have been top balanced before. Mine typically arrives at balancing voltage/full charge with a delta of .025. Within an hour or so it’s usually down to .002 delta. Delta on the flat of the curve is .002 to.007 no load and around .030 with 150 amp load. I can toggle the switch but like intended, it’ll only balance when it’s in the running Parameters or not if you leave it in the off position. If I leave it off, it will take many cycles before the delta would become objectionable.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting pictures of Neey app. Hardware version 2.8.0 may we'll be the latest "generation 3" version as it became available Nov 2021. Can you show us a picture of your app numbers when pack voltage at full charge (?55-56V) and what delta V is and whether you can turn off balancing by increasing startVol and also check if you can turn balance off/on with run balance toggle?
Picture shown is when I was running a Heltec balancer and it’s voltage start control. It was ok but my battery didn’t spend much time in absorption, hence time to balance. I like the Neey balancer much more. The Daly BMS’s balancing current is a joke. You’d think that I high current BMS would have a complimentary built in balancer, but no.

Attachments

• 858C24C4-2AD6-40D6-A990-BEEB83500775.jpeg
    858C24C4-2AD6-40D6-A990-BEEB83500775.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 59
Hi can anyone point me to the latest version of the Neey active balancer iOS app please? The one I downloaded from the App Store is in Chinese. Thanks.

I have a problem connecting the device with Bluetooth. I connect and disconnect after less than a second, I made a video but I can't attach it. What can it be

Hi can anyone point me to the latest version of the Neey active balancer iOS app please? The one I downloaded from the App Store is in Chinese. Thanks.
If you click on the three vertical dots top right -> click gear icon -> bottom option -> English. Then close/restart the app

I have several Neey clones that work great but can’t shut them off at a pre determined voltage and reasonable back on voltage (voltage spread too great). I know the newer ones can when using the android app.
The only way to turn it on or off is through the iOS app which isn’t going to work. I tried to disconnect a lead (not the first or last) which put it into fault and stopped it and it looked good when reconnected but it wanted a restart through the add again…damn. Has anyone found terminals inside that can halt and start the balance without app interaction.
The thing balances fast with big ah batteries but I can’t be there to turn it on above 3.4vpc and off below. Dang shame because it’s useless as is.
I'd just thought I'd chime in with my experience with Neey and Aliexpress. Avoid them as you may be in for a negative experience. I guess I should say, my clone Neey's are not Neey's fault but after the ordeal I've gone through, I wouldn't want it to fall upon anybody.

Aliexpress has no accountability and anybody can sell through it, so buyer beware. Better to use Amazon, like I resolved to, so much safer.

Be well
Gil

I'd just thought I'd chime in with my experience with Neey and Aliexpress. Avoid them as you may be in for a negative experience. I guess I should say, my clone Neey's are not Neey's fault but after the ordeal I've gone through, I wouldn't want it to fall upon anybody.

Aliexpress has no accountability and anybody can sell through it, so buyer beware. Better to use Amazon, like I resolved to, so much safer.

Be well
Gil
Yeah they are probably dumping a lot of pre 4th generation units(useless start balance) on the Chinese liquidation market. I’ve had good luck on EBay (good Neey clone) and Amazon. But always verify that it’s a 4th generation with the equalization voltage start feature in the settings.

Yeah they are probably dumping a lot of pre 4th generation units(useless start balance) on the Chinese liquidation market. I’ve had good luck on EBay (good Neey clone) and Amazon. But always verify that it’s a 4th generation with the equalization voltage start feature in the settings.
Victim as charged.... not lol.
As per verifying, I stated on initial inquiry if they were not clones and they must be 4th gen to which they replied back with a confirmation. Now post purchase and after a month's worth of poor feed back on their part they say this "is the 4a" version, but never confirm "4th gen" version. Bottom line, I got screwed and their Aliexpress dispute is comical.

Hoping credit card dispute can resolve the issue so I can take a hammer to these units; would make a great YouTube video, if I did YT videos.

Buyers beware.

What sucks with the older ones is you can’t even just hook up a voltage controller to start it. Yeah it’ll turn on but you need to still start it in the app. As much as they are asking for the Neey, you’re probably better off just getting the 2amp balance JK bms. Should be plenty up to 310ah cells. Got four of theses things now and love them…..once I understood them. IMG_1035.png

Back