diy solar

diy solar

New BMS from IC GOGOGO Store / E&J Technology Group

Frank in Thailand

making mistakes so you don't have to...
I talked to the guys from Chargery,
(their e-commerce lines are called on AliExpress "IC GOGOGO Store" on Alibaba E&J Technology Group)
and they have new type BMS!!

It is available for shipment!!
It ain't the cheapest option, price start at $95

Mine, the 24S 1A 300A, is $119.28

I'll update you when I have received and tested.

bms.jpg

english app.jpg

core.jpg

1260048633-18735160.jpg

Last edited:
Watchdog is standard.

Watchdog is something "normal" in Linux.

A "Watchdog" is small software that looks if all is still Normal. If not, it acts upon it.
Like restarting a part of the program or he whole program.

Result is that even if a hiccup happen, it is only short time, and it doesn't have time to infect other parts of the software.

(Like in Windows, if your printing program hangs bad enough, you can only manually reboot your computer. Watchdog will restart printing automatically. )

The other 2, CAN and/ or GPS..
I asked for CAN, but it would take 4 weeks extra, so I choose without.

Probably, when production have fully started, that time will be shorter.

Actually a proper watchdog is hardware, independent from the MCU, and reset (at the hardware level, not just a soft reset) the whole MCU, including the peripherals if any.

:)

For BMS I don't know.
I used it a lot with Linux. There it is software.

Function stay the same.
A program (in separate hardware) or on the main software) check if all is ok.

If not, act upon to make ok again or give alarm.

Anyways, it's included :)

I've enjoyed Windows for many years now. And, while I've dabbled with others, my heart remains with Redmond.

Thank you, Microsoft.

I was told that it is from the same developers.

Chargery is a brand, with BMS product line.

I'm not sure if they developed their own 8 different switching power supply,
4 types of lipo charger, BMS and all others..

Or do they OEM?

Then...
Who are the original developers of the "Chargery BMS"?

The resellers are limited to, as far as I know the IC gogogo and E&J Technology group (who are the same company, different names on different platforms)

They sell also via Alibaba like channels (Lazada, Shopee, banggood) eBay and Amazon.

Strangely enough...
I don't see any other resellers.

If there ain't others....
They must be the ones with the factory and development.

But...
I can be wrong!

Funny thing, on the Chargery website..
Loads of information, except for the resellers!
No link "buy here" or webshop.

I guess I'll just add Jason to Skype and ask him myself :)

Just to be sure

Last edited:
I'm excited to learn more about this, sounds like a promising addition to the options we have available! Its a pretty clean looking design too.

Not developed by Chargery, but IC gogogo and E&J Technology group are /is their sales line.

You can edit the main post and title to reflect this so as not to cause confusion

Last edited:
I've ordered two of these 03/03 shipped 11/03, expected anytime now . Still waiting for my batteries anyways, expected 08/05, shipped by sea.

Mine arrived in Thailand today.
I expect to receive in a few days.
It needs to go via desinfecting station.
That takes atleast a day longer.

Can't wait to use it!!

(Especially as we go dark every night after a few hours as my 800Ah@48v deep cycle battery array is dead)

Reactions: Dzl
I am studying my options before deciding; in pre-order phase for a DIY 24v 280 Ah or 560 Ah LifePO4 bank. I was leaning towards the Daly BMS ifor simpler hookup, and I think a high reliability rating. Lately thinking I would get a better set of newbie DIY lessons from more battery details that could also be adjusted (but possilby a headache learning curve) ... I wonder if you (or anyone reading this) compared the fhorst Chargery BMS choice to the ANT BMS options that also have blutooth to app visual before going with the Chargery ? and what were your preceived pros cons advantages of the Chargery ??? Wow.: Good looking price a thread start for 300 amp rating : 24S 1A 300A, is $119.28 ... You got a full 300 Amp rating for your $120? Any comparing notes commnet will be appreciated.

I did see an informative Will Prowse's clip titled: DIY 48v LiFePO4 Battery w/ $72 Bluetooth ANT BMS (low temp cut-off!)
with a specific learning curve tip on how to turn on that BMS ... at about 7:20 mins into clip (not sure of Amp Rating for $72?)

still figuring also this stuff out. ... but looking at ANT specs, on what is said to be newest BMS ... (and not confident of what all options are) .. Just copied spec: Charging current 50A for Discharge current: 70A 100A 150A 200A 300A (wondering it the ANT is limited in Charge Amps ... I will study that like a hawk in considering an ANT BMS. ... Takes a bit of time to compare specs if you are into that as I am.

Last edited:
I first "went" with the ANT BMS, only to find 3 weeks after ordering (prior to all the Corona stress) that they are out of stock and not clear when they will be in stock again....

After that, my options came down to the Chargery and the Dali BMS.

Chargery quickly became a no-go as my charge and discharge cables are the same.
While it can be adjusted to work with it.. it makes no sense.

The Daly BMS probably would have worked just fine.

Personally, I've just lost 16*200ah deep cycle lead acid batteries ($4.500,-) due to defective product from EASUN.
It charged my 48v array with 78 volts, that is 19.5 volt for 12v battery....

With that bad experience fresh in my memory, I want to know what is going on.
Probably once set up, I'll only check one every month at start, and then never again... (Unless I make a reminder in my phone)

For me, I ordered this BMS, and it arrived today!!

I haven't set it up yet.
But make a post about the product once finished.

Back