diy solar

diy solar

New EG4 one ton wifi not connecting.

hdrocknr

We are rural and use cell phone hotspots for internet connection. Solar aircon app cannot find my wifi signal while adding mini split. I cant be the only user that doesn't have a physical wifi near their unit. Any tricks to make this connection?

Update: In talking to Signature Solar salesman Nate Hafner, he remembered hearing that the cell phone hotspot had to be set to 2.4hrtz bandwith to connect but please let them know as they had no definative answer on this. Apparently that must be the case as my phone was set to 5 hrtz. After changing it I was able to connect.

Last edited:
Its android. Two separate phones. It sees the one with the hotspot and I can enter the password. As it begins to try to add the device the circle goes about 1/4 of the way and then says can't find wifi.

You're not alone. I had issues adding my WiFi as well.

Tried many different ways, and had to fiddle with the settings in my phone, to make it work.

Try turning off BlueTooth and WiFi on your phone, then turn on BlueTooth and scan for the indoor unit, then enable phone's WiFi after the app starts looking for it.

Screenshot_20240218-110744.pngI am so happy!
With this thing finally connected I was entertained all weekend watching my solar production. When this happened mid morning.....total solar no grid consumption, I was thrilled. So put me down for a convert. The hybrid makes sense for offsetting the use of propane during sunlight to heat my home. Summer should be better yet.

Back