diy solar

diy solar

New hybrid system with skybox, install thread

Dforster67

just looking for any general tips or ideas and critiques, also will post some install pics.

Been planning this system for years off and on, finally got started. I worked with renvu sales engineer on the system setup. And did some of my own load estimates and calculations using online solar design tools. Already ordered everything and currently finishing up on wiring and mounting the skybox and critical loads subpanel.

plan on two ground mount arrays of 7 panels each. 380 watt phono panels, so 5340 watts total. 7640kwh/ year estimated production. About half my usage.

Skybox 5kw inverter.I plan to use with 14kwh diy lifepo4 battery eventually for backup and possible future off grid use. . But for now I’ll probably setup as a grid tie and try to get net metering setup or do a zero export option. Whatever makes sense financially.

I’m only waiting on the iron ridge ground mount hardware and posts and then I’ll start assembling the array. That’s really the last major part to finish my install. And then commission the skybox.

Again, any tips or advice appreciated. I’ve already been asking a few specific questions here and there. Sure I’ll have more. And I’ll try to post some pics of my progress in this thread.

Back