diy solar

diy solar

New install, Sungold SP6548 to distribution panel

Dakotasolarhawaii

Aloha all from Hawaii, new to solar but relatively familiar with electrical. Been researching and documenting based on the very informative site and wanted a second set of eyes to confirm this setup is on par, appreciate all!

1. This will be an OFF grid set up only to power a distribution panel for 120v appliances.

2. 10 panels in series were installed and power is confirmed with the inverter.

3. (3) batteries will be added, however awaiting the proper mounting rack to arrive, shipping delay.

I have soft installed but have not yet ran wiring from output of inverter to the panel with breaker. Was reading that the similar model of EG4 has a unique setup for the N-G and wanted to confirm or simply ask what wiring diagram will work, e.g. just the Load from the inverter out to the breaker, with a jumper to power both legs, or another recommended option.

I appreciate any and all replies toward this setup, and thank you all.

Attachments

• IMG_8755.jpeg
    IMG_8755.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8756.jpeg
    IMG_8756.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8757.jpeg
    IMG_8757.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 27
Since your running strictly off-grid, I believe the SGP will create the G/N bond when running off battery mode. You would want to verify that but then ensure you don't create a bond in the sub-panel.

I know when I started with my first 12v system, I ran the 120v output to a sub-panel and made a jumper between the main posts. Just make sure you mark on your panel that it's 120v only.

Aloha all from Hawaii, new to solar but relatively familiar with electrical. Been researching and documenting based on the very informative site and wanted a second set of eyes to confirm this setup is on par, appreciate all!

1. This will be an OFF grid set up only to power a distribution panel for 120v appliances.

2. 10 panels in series were installed and power is confirmed with the inverter.

3. (3) batteries will be added, however awaiting the proper mounting rack to arrive, shipping delay.

I have soft installed but have not yet ran wiring from output of inverter to the panel with breaker. Was reading that the similar model of EG4 has a unique setup for the N-G and wanted to confirm or simply ask what wiring diagram will work, e.g. just the Load from the inverter out to the breaker, with a jumper to power both legs, or another recommended option.

I appreciate any and all replies toward this setup, and thank you all.
Since your running strictly off-grid, I believe the SGP will create the G/N bond when running off battery mode. You would want to verify that but then ensure you don't create a bond in the sub-panel.

I know when I started with my first 12v system, I ran the 120v output to a sub-panel and made a jumper between the main posts. Just make sure you mark on your panel that it's 120v only.

I have the Sungoldpower 6548 inverter and it has bond on the AC out phase. For Off-Grid your breaker panel should not be bonded! You only need to Earth ground it.
As to the neutral ground bonding, the neutral and ground of the inverter from the input/output are separated in AC mode. Only in battery inverter mode, the neutral and ground from the output are bonded.
It is not recommended to ground the solar panels, and it is not recommended to connect the ground of the PV and the ground of the inverter together. The PV will have some leakage current, which will flow to the inverter through the ground and damage the inverter. If the solar panels must be grounded, then the inverter does not need to be grounded. If both of them need to be grounded, then the PV ground and the inverter ground should be isolated from each other.

Attachments

• Catch.jpeg
    Catch.jpeg
    313 KB · Views: 5
Hi , i am trying to figure out what distribution panel i need for same installation ?
SP6548 offgrid 120V only. Looking on your pictures yours is 125 amp breaker, will that even trip ?

Back