diy solar

diy solar

New Lux Power LXP-LB-US 12k / GSL-H-12KLV-US with 200A AC Passthrough Current (US Market)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for sharing this here @Dcuste
most likely the CTs have some issue or are clamped in the wrong way.
Where's the CT's arrow toward? the correct way should toward the inverter.
And where you clamped the CTs? let's look into this. Thx
The external CT's are place on the power cables from the utility and have correctly been calculating the Grid power into the inverter and out of the inverter for over a month. As you can see below from the two pictures below that were taken at the same time, the CTs are correctly showing that there is 2907 watts going to the Grid. This agrees on both the graph and the display. The problem is that the consumption is being recorded in the data file and on the graph as 1882 watts when in reality it is only 188 watts as you can see on the display. The display is correct, the graph is 10X higher than it should be.

I don't think this problem is because of the CTs at all, but I find it strange that ratio was somehow changed in the settings and a lot of pLoad data was corrupted around the same time.

1684354195033.png

1684354002915.png

@Eddie_Lux

What does "PV Grid Off" exactly do when it is enabled? Why do I get an "error code: 3" when I try to enable PV Grid Off?
"PV grid off" means when no battery is connected, the PV power up the off-grid loads. That's not a normal usage, I would suggest you to chooe "disable" here. And definitely, we need to have a more making sense name for a lot of menus on the screen, and we will put the help txt on most of the options.

What does "Seamless EPS switching" do when enabled as opposed to disabled? What would be a situation when it should be disabled?
When "Seamless EPS switching" is enabled, it automatically switches to the Emergency Power Supply (EPS) when there is a disruption in the utility power supply. This feature ensures a continuous power supply with minimal interruption during grid failures or power outages. Enabling this function means that the transition to the EPS is smoother and seamless, minimizing any noticeable impact on the power supply. On the other hand, disabling this feature may result in a delay or disturbance during the switching process, potentially causing power interruptions or momentary blackouts.
1684353990823.png

LCD screen version 8, now requires a password to change the battery type. The old password from earlier versions to get into certain advanced settings doesn't work for LCD v 8. How can I get the new password?
yes, the old one is 00000. the new one is 65535.

Many of the settings have a blue "(?)" but when selected an error message appears without any help message. Why is that happening? How can I get a list of settings definitions and any other helpful tips on how to best use the settings?
I will attach a help file here.

Edit: sorry it was a wrong attachment, updated.

Attachments

• HybridSettingGuidance(US12K)- Distributor.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
"PV grid off" means when no battery is connected, the PV power up the off-grid loads. That's not a normal usage, I would suggest you to chooe "disable" here. And definitely, we need to have a more making sense name for a lot of menus on the screen, and we will put the help txt on most of the options.

When "Seamless EPS switching" is enabled, it automatically switches to the Emergency Power Supply (EPS) when there is a disruption in the utility power supply. This feature ensures a continuous power supply with minimal interruption during grid failures or power outages. Enabling this function means that the transition to the EPS is smoother and seamless, minimizing any noticeable impact on the power supply. On the other hand, disabling this feature may result in a delay or disturbance during the switching process, potentially causing power interruptions or momentary blackouts.
View attachment 149619

yes, the old one is 00000. the new one is 65535.

I will attach a help file here.

Edit: sorry it was a wrong attachment, updated.
Eddie,

Thanks for the reply. I'll look through all the info. FYI, my old LCD v 5 used 65535. I just tried 00000 on the LCD v 8 and it worked.

The external CT's are place on the power cables from the utility and have correctly been calculating the Grid power into the inverter and out of the inverter for over a month. As you can see below from the two pictures below that were taken at the same time, the CTs are correctly showing that there is 2907 watts going to the Grid. This agrees on both the graph and the display. The problem is that the consumption is being recorded in the data file and on the graph as 1882 watts when in reality it is only 188 watts as you can see on the display. The display is correct, the graph is 10X higher than it should be.

I don't think this problem is because of the CTs at all, but I find it strange that ratio was somehow changed in the settings and a lot of pLoad data was corrupted around the same time.

View attachment 149621

View attachment 149620
understood the issue @Dcuste Can you share the serial# of this inverter? my colleague will look into this from the cloud data. thx

You will have the same voltage swings with any HF inverter. Maybe I need to make a video about this because this keeps coming up over and over again. Even some YouTubers don't understand how this works.

Put a scope on a Tesla powerwall inverter and it will do the same thing. I mean think about it for a second. Imagine the magnetic flux that can be stored in even a small transformer. And compare that to the HF circuit switching and managing the waveform at the output. It's not going to like inductive loads and will swing quite a bit.

Compare hf inverter waveform under load with other hf inverters. There is no comparison to a LF inverter.

Even on the expensive hf inverters. I've never found one that doesn't do this.

I finally got around to revising my comparison the first part of this video is the same but I switched to the lv6548. in the second half .
and I was surprised, the lv6548 voltage actually went up under load.

Last edited:
I wonder does this have any thing to do with or can be improved by adjusting, Reactive power or active power settings
1686016007234.png

1686016560321.png

I think he says it's too heavy, need to lower with a rope.

1686063679817.png

There are some other high-frequency inverters with high surge.
Midnight Rosie - unabashedly displaying its heritage.

Yeah this probably wasn't the best use of that word, it is very old England and the only other time I've heard it was in the kids cartoon Noah and Nelly All aboard the Skylark.
The line "Old Bob hadn't rubbed shoulders with a thruppenny bit since decimalization" is possibly one of the funniest lines on kids tv, so totally wasted on them LOL.
Thruppenny bit being slang for tit in England.

Someone just asked me how to spell something this weekend and I had to admit I did not know. But hey they said your English you should know. I replied just because I'm English doesn't mean I know how to use the language haha.

"your English"

And therein lies the problem.

I replied just because I'm English doesn't mean I know how to use the language haha.

It's a bastardized language, anyway.

When people say, "The rules of the English language", I say English doesn't follow rules. It is a natural language. Rules were defined empirically to describe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back