diy solar

diy solar

New RV MPP LV2424 Questions

I might not have been as clear, that I'm reading my post again. DC side is running perfect!
It's the AC side when the inverters kick on. I can watch on the software when it gets a load it can hold it for a short period.

Example. I get about 5 seconds of microwave power.
Or I turned on the fan only for the AC and observed a 600watt load for about 30 seconds. Then it faults. So I think it's an issue with the LV 2424. Maybe a setting I don't have right..

600 watts for an AC in fan only mode sounds very high.

Even when I've got 1200 plus watts of solar coming in the AC side still trips

How does "it" trip?
What trips?
Is anything getting hot?
Do you get an error?

DC side is running perfect!

1) A bad DC connection can look fine at low loads but have a significant voltage drop on higher loads.
2) Low voltage on the DC side can cause an inverter fault.
-> Therefor, even though the DC appears to work fine, it could still be causing the problem when the loads are higher.

I have had this very problem and it was a bear to find the bad connection on the DC side.

Is there a fault code that describes what the inverter thinks is going on?

Hey guys. Been on road today, we left the house with just the DC side working. But great news.. I got it working. I had to remove the parellel part, it kept falling out of phase, kicking an error and shutting down before I see the error code. Some setting some where was causing the issue.

So it's now 2 phase 20amp side each fully working and powers a side of the distro box.

It's so awesome to run my air conditioner, microwave! 6kw in lifepo4 = plenty of power!

I appreciate all the help everyone offered. When I get time I'll post picks of the completed install.

-Dave

Last edited:
What settings did you have to change?
I'm having an occasional (every few days) error 72, which is the out of phase error.
I have to turn it off, stop all power inputs. Then turn it on again.

Also, I did write mpp about the neutral ground bond and it does do it automatically when connected to shore power.

@Dauntless

Yes error 72 was what I was getting once I figured out the error was on the panel, not inside the software. I pulled them out of PAL mode and did 2 single phase which was SIG mode. Although they are not sharing the load now, it's fully working.

My 2020 imagine 2800bh trailer with 15k AC unit must have a built in soft start because it never pulls anything higher that 1800 watts on start and 1500-1800 continuous. So there is plenty of power with boxes running separate.

One thing I do need to change tho is the box with my 1600 watts of solar isn't powering my AC leg so it's just charging, and the other inverter is running the AC. So I need to swap those in the distro box but it's an easy fix. This is due to the efficiency loss of charging to DC.

What does your setup look like? I've posted several diagrams over the past few pages of what I was doing it f you haven't already, check them out.

Here are the pics of the install some completed, some during. The bonded switch pic is not included.

Attachments

• Distro.jpg
    Distro.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Inverters.jpg
    Inverters.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Pannels.jpg
    Pannels.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 9

diy solar

diy solar