diy solar

diy solar

I know nothing...Please help

GooseFeet

Hello!
I'm looking to put 1-2 fans in my horse's shed. I don't think we need a battery since the only time they are in the shelter is when it is super sunny.
I'm thinking of this fan either 1 or 2 but don't know what I should be looking for in a solar fan. I don't need anything overkill just enough to get these running during the day.

What should I look for in solar pannel/s? here is the fan/s I'm looking at:

Also, What should I look for in an adapter? I'll need something that can handle being partially outside or fully outside. I live in a rainy and humid area that gets cold in the winter.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Suggest you get DC fans and run them directly off the panels. That way you don't need batteries or inverter or charge controller.
Look up "solar attic fan"

What should I look for in solar pannel/s?
Look for something like this. These would be great for 24V panels (2 panels in parallel, maybe 1 for a single 24V DC fan).

Try to find both panels and fan(s) and report back here for a sanity check.

DC not AC so no inverter.
No battery.

Some fans will quit when PV power ramps up slowly in the morning, others just slowly ramp up. Have to test to see.
I got a 48V BLDC fan meant for top of a server rack, and I mounted it on gable vent fed by 24V (nominal) of PV panels. Voc about 42V.

By paralleling PV panels one oriented East, one West, you can have it operate at good speed all day in the summer.

Back