diy solar

diy solar

New Solar Assistant beta 2024-04-05 and stable 2024-01-23 software released

I don’t have a lot of PV, only 3250 watts. On a cloudy day…or week, I’ll just be draining the batteries. Murphy never sleeps so I’m sure the grid power will go out when my batteries are down around 20% and I’ll end up running the generator.

I have two SPF series Growatts and they both do the same thing regarding the current leak. I’ve seen a few others here on the forum report the same behavior. I’m not sure if it’s a hardware or software problem, I suspect hardware. Growatt tech support is clueless. Both are out of warranty and the 12k unit weighs close to 200 pounds. Mounting it high on the wall where I needed it was a major effort and I have no desire to take it down unless I absolutely have to.
Definitely an odd situation. I would be afraid to leave it running unattended.
Maybe use a separate SCC.

The main change for me with the 2024-01-23 release was correctly managing changes of time zone (e.g. heading into or out of daylight saving time) and how that data was managed with Home Assistant. It used to chuck a little hissy fit and leave you without interval data until it next reset on the following Monday morning.

I doubt I'll use the inbuilt automations, at least not for now. I need the extra flexibility of Home Assistant automations.

It's still there:
View attachment 207528
I presently use “Maintain Battery State Of Charge” on MPP 6548’s. (Not updated) I’ve noticed screenshots are different. Where mine shows Solar/Utility/Battery others shows “Utility First”. I’d much rather have that because if it isn’t totally still dark and PV sees any power my grid charge drops to next to nothing and and the weak sunlight doesn’t cut it. Is this part of the update, do I need to change it somewhere else or is this just the way Voltronic/Solar Assistant rolls? What mine looks like. IMG_1354.jpeg

That's what I already miss.
Clicking on the current mode (in blue), takes you straight to the inverter settings page.
It's gone, in the latest update.

Clicking on the current mode (in blue), takes you straight to the inverter settings page.
It’s the little things. We are creatures of habit, sometimes it’s hard to unlearn 🙄. At work they wanted to replace the whole controller because I wore out the keypad, and I’m freaking out (old dog and new tricks thing). A fellow employee found a new keypad online, thank god.

Automation support added for our SRNE / Sungold 10k AIO’s. I appreciate that from the SA Team. These basic automation rules have made all the difference for my modest little setup88607820-D6DD-457A-9D67-B8AA0538C57C.jpeg927C6AA6-3494-40D4-97C3-8EE7D47ABCD7.jpeg

Are you using the latest stable or latest beta?
I use that feature all the time in the 01-23 beta.
Click / tap Screenshot_20240407-062726.jpgand you're at the inverter dashboard.

A workaround for you might be adding the link for your dashboard as a favorite on your home screen.
https://"your site here".us.solar-assistant.io/inverter/status

Using duckduckgo browser I tap the menu dots for the page I'm on then add to home screen.
Screenshot_20240407-063327.jpg

Are you using the latest stable or latest beta?
I use that feature all the time in the 01-23 beta.
1-23 stable
Click / tap
Screenshot_20240407-062726.jpg
and you're at the inverter dashboard.
Same
but, not referring to the dashboard.
I used to be able to get to the inverter settings, from the quick link on the top of the power management page.
Now the only way is to scroll down on the SA settings page.
add to home screen.
Yes, I do that too.
I love shortcuts. Screenshot_20240407_072657_One UI Home.jpg

Back