diy solar

diy solar

Newbie -no idea about electric/solar-with fast-draining batteries

That sounds about right, that's about all your panels can produce at the moment, 160-ish watts. Don't panic, it's doing its job.
Okay, so the amps, which are currently at 13, should be at 100 on the SCC to be fully charged, right?

No, the amps will drop to near nothing when the batteries are full. Once the BMS sees the cells are all full, it'll tell the SCC to stop charging.

Basically panels don't PUSH power into a system, the system feeds a load and the batteries ASK for those watts back. The SCC hears the request and tells the panels "Gimme all you got!" and the panels say "Well, it's not perfect out but here's what we can do" and give what they can to the SCC. The SCC then converts those volts and amps into Battery Flavored volts and amps and GIVES that to the batteries.

If you're seeing 12a, that's about 160w which is all your panels can do between temperature, tilt, shade, irradiance, dust, angle of Venus in relation to Pluto, etc.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Seems everything is fine with the solar system, ran the entire house no problem, the problem lies within the RV - somewhere. Had it hooked up (RV) a couple of days ago, 1 day fine, second day started losing power, went completely dead in the middle of the night. Next day, after it recharged fully, hooked up the house fridge only to it, no problem, then hooked up the entire house to it. Ran through the night only losing about 1 volt.
So, for now, once on the land, I will run power via an extension cord until I can find the drain on the system inside the RV.
I would like to thank everyone who took the time to help me. It has been a stressful time and you helped me when #SHOPSOLARKITS.COM would not.
NOTE about shopsolarkits.com: While their sales customer service was top-notch (they were great answering all my questions and assisting me in the purchase of a system), their lifetime customer support SUCKS.

Back