diy solar

diy solar

Nominal Capacity : 100Ah ?

The photograph i think shows 8 cells into 4 12v out ...
Yes, sorry different from what you specified sorry. But, i have this battery setup and its been flawless in my RV for 2 years now. There are a bunch of us here that do it this way. It lets you us a single BMS but you are limited by the current of a single BMS. With 4S2P (2 batteries in parallel, each with a BMS), the amperage is the sum of them (and presumably they are the same).

What do you intend to use as a DC power source for your BattGo?
Oops, another swing and a miss. Sorry, i thought this was the model that was also a charger and therefore needed a power source. You're good to go as yours does not need anything other than balance lead and +/- connections.
That is a nice little meter. It will do balancing but very slowly. I think the most powerful feature are the alarms when you can have it beep if it gets over or under charged, even at the cell level. Handy if you are doing something without a BMS (i was my own BMS for several months before i found one i liked. its a tough job that requires attentiveness and some alarms to keep from catastrophic results).

Hi Tim
The photograph i think shows 8 cells into 4 12v out ... i was advised not to do this by someone in the forum as it might miss a cell not performing like the rest... so i have 2 banks of 4cells 12v out.... which i then connected in parallel to give me 12v in total to this i connected my nine wires 1 neg and 8 to the cells pos ... you ask "What do you intend to use as a DC power source for your BattGo?" my answer is nothing as it lights up when connected to the cells ........ so are you saying i need to add a separate DC power source ? if yes what would you recommend ?
I am 75 with a decreasing memory and wishing i had never started this project ....
So thanks for your help its much appreciated.
John
Hi John,

You werent replying to me but MisterSandals was trying to help you. I will have a read through tomorrow and get back to you as soon as I can. Don’t give up as we are all here to help and once I have read through I will try and help you. You said that you are not getting a reading on one cell but you know it has voltage. In all probability it will be the wire connection which is faulty

Tim

Last edited:
Ok John, you said you have a Daly 4S 12 volt, do you have two of these now or are you using a different BMS. we need to start back at the beginning. I now understand you want a 12 volt system so as i said previously you need another 4S 12 volt Daly BMS.

I currently have one bank of cells and another on the way so my system will be exactly like yours. I have plenty of patience and will help you through this.

In regards to your battery monitor it sounds like you have a faulty lead to one of the cells. Do you have a multimeter? If so just unplug the lead from your monitor and test between the end of the wire on the plug for that particular cell and the the negative terminal. If you have no reading then check the crimp at the terminal and also the wire going into the connector. Hopefully it is just the connector and if you cant repair the connection they are easily available online from a toy hobby store.

Ok the next question is whether you bought the Daly smart BMS because if you did it can monitor and balance each cell and you do not need you little battery monitor.

Tim

Last edited:
Back