diy solar

diy solar

NOOB Load testing question - hobby charger 308duo

interestingfellow

I want to test some new cells that I received
I have an icharger 308duo that has data logging (I also have an ISDT P20, but am less familiar with that than my Duo)

Is there any reason that I can't put a load on an 8s battery and use the 308Duo to monitor the cells for health?

I realize this isn't a $4k battery tester, but it should let me see the discharge curve and IR of each cell as the pack discharges

yes I would top balance
yes there will be a BMS (daly) on it
I would run an additional 8s balance lead to the 308duo for cell monitoring and use an SD card for data logging

1706373400730.png

Is there any reason that I can't put a load on an 8s battery and use the 308Duo to monitor the cells for health?
Sounds like a good test, especially cell level data logging. As long as your BMS is protecting the battery you should be fine.

Please post the results. I've done a LOT of individual 280Ah cell discharge tests and am wondering how an 8S discharge would differ. I suspect one cell will empty first (duh) and leave you with incomplete discharge data for the other 7 cells.

Sounds like a good test, especially cell level data logging. As long as your BMS is protecting the battery you should be fine.

Please post the results. I've done a LOT of individual 280Ah cell discharge tests and am wondering how an 8S discharge would differ. I suspect one cell will empty first (duh) and leave you with incomplete discharge data for the other 7 cells.
Right! But, *that's what's gonna happen anyway.

I have 36 cells to mix and match

16 have been used in 2p8s for a coupke years
16 were just deleivered (with fake qr codes lol)
And 4 are leftover from building that first pack 2 years ago

Back