diy solar

diy solar

Off grid incinerating toilets. Who uses one?

Few people out west - especially in Las Vegas - actually have lawns that they water. You probably only see that in California by far uses the most water from the Colorado river. I think a huge part of the river is diverted to go into the Salton Sea anyways and the justification is that its a bird sanctuary even though the sea was created by mistake.

You are mistaken, none of the Colorado is diverted to the Salton Sea. The only water feeding into the Salton Sea is polluted agricultural runoff, part of which flows northward out of Mexico..

You are mistaken, none of the Colorado is diverted to the Salton Sea. The only water feeding into the Salton Sea is polluted agricultural runoff, part of which flows northward out of Mexico..
not directly anymore at least. the water for the agriculture is still coming from the colorado river.

Buckets/coir/straw works extremely well, but I wouldn't want to deal with that outside of my family. These days it's only me who ever uses that system. The flush toilet is the only thing that goes to the septic, which significantly lowers the load (joke) it needs to support. Everything else goes to a greywater tank and then to fruit trees. The compost pile isn't for plants necessarily, just to make things disappear efficiently. There is no smell and I don't buy into the disease paranoia.

Depends on what you eat and how healthy you are. Dog crap is a lot more nasty than mine and many people have no problem with it being scattered uncovered all over their backyards. If your crap has diseases in it then you have diseases, and might want to deal with that.

Back