diy solar

diy solar

Off grid people ill-prepared

I won’t feel silly about anything …The Hawaii incident was a total fluke whatever it was… that’s bringing up an anecdotal situation to help validate a very rare and maybe a singular type event in history as proof for your position…
That’s new age ,passivie male talk …..paralysis through analysis thinking ….or you would understand what I really meant..
You wouldn't feel a bit silly if:

1. Imminent nuclear war warnings were broadcast
2. You heard and heeded these warnings
3. You "go get" a few people
4. Those warnings turn out to be false, making
5. You liable for your actions taken during the "false warning" period?

If the above is true, why don't you go "go get" those people now? Why wait for a nuclear holocaust warning? What's stopping you?

If the above is true, why don't you go "go get" those people now? Why wait for a nuclear holocaust warning? What's stopping you?
People who are made happy by imagining dead people are . . . sad.

People who are made happy by imagining dead people are . . . sad.
I don't think the people you're talking about are made "happy" so much as they are made satisfied or content with whatever justice they fantasize about being served.

There's a big difference.

Science has shown that even 1 year old toddlers have a sense of justice.

I don't think the people you're talking about are made "happy" so much as they are made satisfied or content with whatever justice they fantasize about being served.

There's a big difference.

Science has shown that even 1 year old toddlers have a sense of justice.
Yeah don't get me wrong. I'm no stranger to injustice being visited upon me. There's a couple people I'd go to visit if a nuclear war was imminent.

But I'd feel pretty sheepish if I did what I'd do, and then find out the warning was a false one. Whoopsie, now I'm responsible...

Yeah don't get me wrong. I'm no stranger to injustice being visited upon me. There's a couple people I'd go to visit if a nuclear war was imminent.

But I'd feel pretty sheepish if I did what I'd do, and then find out the warning was a false one. Whoopsie, now I'm responsible...
I tend to limit myself to just being satisfied when I see them with a flat tire or stuck in a snow drift.. Although, I will admit when I head of a guy's home on fire, I did crack a smile.

Pretty sure its just human nature for us to wish harm upon those who have harmed us. Some harms can be brushed off and forgotten, others have a measurable affect on our lives.

You wouldn't feel a bit silly if:

1. Imminent nuclear war warnings were broadcast
2. You heard and heeded these warnings
3. You "go get" a few people
4. Those warnings turn out to be false, making
5. You liable for your actions taken during the "false warning" period?

Gee……..lighten up..
You are assuming you know what I would do… it could be I was going to make peace with them in our last moments…..or offer to let him steal my wife so both can runaway. together….there’s a dozen ways I could have meant that, you assume only one..without any knowledge of me or why I said that or who I was speaking about..or speaking to…
This may have been an inside joke among people who chat frequently…humor here is a common thing sometimes …
….…never assume …it can be a slippery slope… .. bye bye…J.

Last edited:
I'm considering the EG4 18kPV as my primary or backup to two Victron 5kVA Quattro in split phase. I'm adding a 14kW+ array and I'd have to at least get a $2K Victron charge controller to handle it so thought I would attempt to cover that with the 18kPV and have complete split phase system as well.

Sunburn.
If you stand there marveling at the glowing orb seen through your windows (and even if you duck in time to avoid laceration from the glass), you're going to get burns.
Ducking below line-of sight behind a stucco wall would provide considerable protection. Just like arc-flash rated clothes.

"This item is restricted for international sale."

But lesser cal/cm^2 suits are not restricted. Haven't figured out why arc flash suits are a national security risk.

Inverse square (maybe cube for some effects)?
The larger bombs have a few times greater radius. You can easily be beyond that.

'Around 8:15 that morning, Yamaguchi was walking to Mitsubishi’s shipyard a final time when he heard the drone of an aircraft overhead. Looking skyward, he saw an American B-29 bomber soar over the city and drop a small object connected to a parachute. Suddenly, the sky erupted in a blaze of light, which Yamaguchi later described as resembling the “the lightning of a huge magnesium flare.” He had just enough time to dive into a ditch before an ear-splitting boom rang out. The shock wave that accompanied it sucked Yamaguchi from the ground, spun him in the air like a tornado and sent him hurtling into a nearby potato patch. He’d been less than two miles from ground zero.'

'Many of the city’s bridges had been turned into twisted wreckage, and at one river crossing, Yamaguchi was forced to swim through a layer of floating dead bodies. Upon reaching the station, he boarded a train full of burned and bewildered passengers and settled in for the overnight ride to his hometown of Nagasaki.'

'Despite being on the verge of collapse, Yamaguchi dragged himself out of bed on the morning of August 9 and reported for work at Mitsubishi’s Nagasaki office. Around 11 a.m., he found himself in a meeting with a company director who demanded a full report on Hiroshima. The engineer recounted the scattered events of August 6—the blinding light, the deafening boom—but his superior accused him of being mad. How could a single bomb destroy an entire city? Yamaguchi was trying to explain himself when the landscape outside suddenly exploded with another iridescent white flash. Yamaguchi dropped to the ground just seconds before the shock wave shattered the office windows and sent broken glass and debris careening through the room. “I thought the mushroom cloud had followed me from Hiroshima,” he later told the newspaper The Independent.'

I don't know if we are actually closer to going through that again or not. The USA and USSR/Russia have always avoided direct conflict.
Wow…that is one lucky guy…some one was lookin out for him …..damn….

Wow…that is one lucky guy…some one was lookin out for him …..damn….

There was a woman who was 300 yards from the detonation at Hiroshima who survived. She was in a bank made of concrete and she is still alive..

Can you imagine that?

Oh, you think you're tough eh? Let me tell you about the day the US dropped a nuclear bomb on my head...

There aren't many humans who can say that.

There was a woman who was 300 yards from the detonation at Hiroshima who survived. She was in a bank made of concrete and she is still alive..

Can you imagine that?

Oh, you think you're tough eh? Let me tell you about the day the US dropped a nuclear bomb on my head...

There aren't many humans who can say that.

That is incredible considering the bomb detonated 1800 feet above ground, so she literally took on her head.
I was wondering about that as well.. They used words like "300 meters from epicenter". (sorry for typo yards vs meters)..

Her name is Akiko Takakura and there's a good deal of info on her with google.

I think I would be rather miffed if that happened to me..

And for anyone interested..

The US Gov accidentally dropped a 3 megaton nuclear bomb on North Carolina.. Most of which is still buried in a muddy farm field.

We've lost 6 nuclear weapons.. apparently, it happens so often we have name for it.. "Broken Arrow"

Who the hell is driving this bus?

And for anyone interested..

The US Gov accidentally dropped a 3 megaton nuclear bomb on North Carolina.. Most of which is still buried in a muddy farm field.

We've lost 6 nuclear weapons.. apparently, it happens so often we have name for it.. "Broken Arrow"

Who the hell is driving this bus?
IIRC it was John Travolta… (the movie)

And ... I think we're back to the usual issues in politics, the differences between the two dominant parties.

Back