diy solar

diy solar

Older JK BMS on/off switch connection

ArthurEld

Solar Wizard
I have 4 older JK BMSs with active balance and I want to use on/off switches.
But the old ones are missing the socket for the plug.

Is there a way to use the on/off switch with the older JK BMSs?

Old BMS
Old BMS.jpg

New BMS with socket and plug-

New BMS.jpg

The old ones need the 9V battery trick to turn them on. You could add an off-switch-only thing by putting a switch on the main supply (B+) on the balance cable.

Thanks again. I am putting my batteries in cases and I want them to be simple for others to understand.
I'll buy new BMSs if I have to.
Eventually, I will use BMSs with communication to my inverter. But from what I see, those aren't ready.
These DIY batteries are a never ending project. And I like it.
The old ones need the 9V battery trick to turn them on. You could add an off-switch-only thing by putting a switch on the main supply (B+) on the balance cable.

Eventually, I will use BMSs with communication to my inverter. But from what I see, those aren't ready.

Seem like the latest JK firmware update fixes the outstanding issues with theirs. I've not had the opportunity to test one of them, but I'll likely use it in the near future for a few projects I'm involved with.

These DIY batteries are a never ending project. And I like it.

Same :)

Latest JK BMS may have Canbus protocols available but at least on some, including my hardware V15.1, the high and low wires are mislabelled. I can confirm once I swapped the wires the Pylontech LV Canbus works with an SMA Sunny Island.

Attachments

• 319552008-49eae168-cc7f-4b36-818e-1f0d6f7d0fa2.png
    319552008-49eae168-cc7f-4b36-818e-1f0d6f7d0fa2.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 3
Seem like the latest JK firmware update fixes the outstanding issues with theirs. I've not had the opportunity to test one of them, but I'll likely use it in the near future for a few projects I'm involved with.
I will be following your progress. And I will probably order the new closed loop JK BMS soon.

Well in JK world up is down and left is right, see pic of new BMS connections.

I can confirm that both Pylontech LV 1.2 can bus and GoodWe canbus settings on the JK BMS are seen and read by an SMA SI5058 with lithium firmware from an SI6048US.

Attachments

• JK BMS pinout.jpg
    JK BMS pinout.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 3
Well in JK world up is down and left is right, see pic of new BMS connections.

I can confirm that both Pylontech LV 1.2 can bus and GoodWe canbus settings on the JK BMS are seen and read by an SMA SI5058 with lithium firmware from an SI6048US.
I can handle fixing the cable if needed. I want to use closed loop with multiple batteries eventually to my Solark 12K

Back